Nunnykirk Club Site

Burgundy replied on 18/10/2021 17:01

Posted on 18/10/2021 17:01

A report on todays Newcastle Chronicle website :-

Families 'totally devastated' as Northumberland SEN school announces closure
Nunnykirk Centre For Dyslexia will close in July 2022 as leaders announce it is no longer 'financially viable'

As the Club leases the site from the school it may mean we loose another site from the network. The school has been in financial difficulties since 2017, and the Club has been renewing the lease on a year by year basis I believe

DavidKlyne replied on 18/10/2021 19:51

Posted on 18/10/2021 19:51

I don't know the site but would the Club be willing to buy it. Just looking on Google Earth it doesn't look as if the land could be used for much else? If the site could have some hardstandings and perhaps a few serviced pitches the season length could be extended?

David

Takethedogalong replied on 18/10/2021 20:00

Posted on 18/10/2021 20:00

If you like “getting away from it” locations, this is possibly the best on the Club network, as it is truly rural. Nice little town of Rothbury is closest place, and Wallington Hall (NT) isn’t far. But it does get boggy, you have to go prepared. Lots of space though, caravanning like it used to be. We would miss it. First stayed nearly 40 years ago, been back lots of times, including twice last year.  Fingers crossed Club can sort something out🤞

ABM replied on 18/10/2021 22:02

Posted on 18/10/2021 22:02

Agreed TtDA, it can indeed get a tad (!!) boggy surprised. I seem to recall that in the loop furthest from the entrance, that the roadway is a shade higher than the grassed area, so much so that My camper hit the road at less than 90*  so went slithering sideways for a yard or six before I got both drive ( front) wheels up on the hard surface. Took a while for my size 11s to tread the grass back to where it belonged  embarassed

Non the less, like Altnahara, it is a great 'away from the Hubbub'  site for relaxation IMHO wink

Settermum replied on 19/10/2021 20:29

Posted on 19/10/2021 20:29

We use the site at Nunnykirk a couple of times each year as it's fairly local to us for quick weekends. Disappointed to think it might be unavailable in the near future.

When we stayed last Easter the electricity supply failed multiple times a day. The site was unusually busy and the weather was chilly and it was clear that the demand outweighed the available supply. Clearly it's unlikely that any improvement works will have been done in the intervening months in view of the situation. Quite sad about this, we really like Nunnykirk.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook