New List of CL's with Serviced (Enhanced) Pitches

Mr H replied on 30/11/2019 13:23

Posted on 30/11/2019 13:23

I had the opportunity of meeting with Madelaine Grubb the Clubs CL Compliance & Admin Officer whilst at this years Caravan show at NEC. We discussed how difficult it is to find out which CL's have Fully Serviced (Enhanced Pitches). Subsequently, she emailed an Excel spreadsheet which gives a full breakdown of the site Name/Postcode, County,Listed Town and Types of Pitch eg hardstanding enhanced, grass enhanced or both. It is excellent and should become available to any member interested. If anyone knows how I can load this attachment onto this discussion I will happily do so. In the mean time, I suggest you email Madelaine at CLResponse@camc.com and ask for the attachment called "Certificated Location Enhanced Pitches 2019.xls

Tinwheeler replied on 30/11/2019 13:41

Posted on 30/11/2019 13:41

There is a sticky thread in the CL section about serviced pitches which may give the same or similar info.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/sites-touring/certificated-locations/full-service-cls/?er=P629315#P629315

Within that thread there is a spreadsheet compiled by a member who is a CL owner.

https://hallsdownfarm.weebly.com/clwithservicedpitches.html

thebells replied on 30/11/2019 16:31

Posted on 30/11/2019 16:31

It would be a useful if it was included in the Search for a CL section....seems an odd omission when they've got options such as "coarse fishing within 5 miles"😂

Mr H replied on 01/12/2019 09:04

Posted on 01/12/2019 09:04

I know of David's list and it has been excellent to use and should have become an essential feature of the club site descriptions. However, this list I am talking about is more inclusive and is from the club's internal database which will always be up to date. For example, there are 6 CL's with enhanced pitches on Anglesey alone. I hope those of us interested will apply for the list, until the club finally adds the details, as they have done with 'fishing" nearby etc.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/12/2019 10:02

Posted on 01/12/2019 10:02

I think that Fully serviced (hook up, waste, water at each pitch) and enhanced are slightly different aren’t they? Not quite sure what you get as standard on an enhanced pitch to be honest....... It might state somewhere, but I haven’t had a good look.🤷‍♀️

thebells replied on 01/12/2019 14:43

Posted on 01/12/2019 14:43

My understanding of enhanced pitches is that there is a water tap at each pitch. This is something which I actively seek, as we are happy using our own shower and it's a useful feature in this sense.

Mr H replied on 02/12/2019 09:42

Posted on 02/12/2019 09:42

It is not a duplicate thread. I am fully aware of the sticky produced by David who has done a brilliant job. The list I am bringing to attention gives more detail. For each CL the enhancement is shown ranging from some just with an EHU and drinking water right up to EHU, Grey water disposal and Broadband, TV arial connection, hardstanding or grass.

It is handy having the Postcode, County in Alphabetic order, Nearest town. There currently is 73 enhanced CL's.

For those of us wanting serviced pitches, for what ever reason, should really be able to use the website to find them. Hopefully if enough people apply for this official list the details will be made more available to all.

Takethedogalong replied on 02/12/2019 09:50

Posted on 02/12/2019 09:50

Not criticising you MrH. By duplicate I meant that an identical thread, with the same timings and posters was running in two different sections at the same time. It will be a glitch on the website, nothing else.😁

Tinwheeler replied on 02/12/2019 10:00

Posted on 02/12/2019 10:00

I see it’s been moved into the CL section so probably ‘ghosted’ in the original section. 🤷🏻‍♂️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook