Monday arrivals?

Metheven replied on 15/09/2022 15:37

Posted on 15/09/2022 15:37

Have received an Email, we are arriving to a Clubsite on Sunday so won't affect us, 

"Our campsite network will remain open but we will be closing our reception buildings and pausing all work around campsites during the State Funeral."

What does that mean for Monday arrivals and the opening of the barrier?

JVB66 replied on 15/09/2022 15:56

Posted on 15/09/2022 15:56

The funeral should be finished by about 1200 the a 2min silence so 1300 arrivals should not be affected

richardandros replied on 15/09/2022 16:01

Posted on 15/09/2022 16:01

Not a direct answer Metheven, but  we were due to go to a CL - not far from home - on Monday.  Been booked for about a year.

We decided it wouldn't be appropriate to be seen towing a caravan and 'going on holiday' on Monday and I would have felt decidedly uncomfortable doing so - plus we want to watch the funeral on TV - so we spoke to the owner the other day and fortunately there is a vacancy on the Sunday - so that's when we're going.

I may be wrong, but I would have thought a lot of people will think like us and amend their plans accordingly.

JollyKernow replied on 15/09/2022 18:37

Posted on 15/09/2022 18:37

Evening

On Sunday evening, business will close at 19.45 (normally 20.00) to allow staff to prepare for the 20.00 silence, then on Monday, as a mark of respect and to allow site staff to reflect and remember, there will be no work done on site all day and receptions will be closed until 13.00 Arrivals and other business will be catered for as normal after that.

JK

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook