Midweek discounts.

GCP21 replied on 12/05/2022 21:59

Posted on 12/05/2022 21:59

Has anyone else noticed that the midweek 50% pitch discount hasn’t been extended into the 2023 season prices advertised on the club website. Is this a mistake or a sign of things to come ??

SteveL replied on 12/05/2022 22:17

Posted on 12/05/2022 22:17

No hadn’t picked up on that. Although given the rises in electricity costs prompting a supplement, I don’t suppose it makes sense to give a discount at a colder time of the year, when more is likely to be used. They probably only kept this year because they had already committed to them.

Wherenext replied on 15/05/2022 19:01

Posted on 14/05/2022 22:33 by HarryTheHymer

Midweek discounts?

Introduce Punitive tarrifs for Friday/Saturday night only bookings.

Posted on 15/05/2022 19:01

I thought they already had!surprised

You do like to live dangerously HTH.

harryb replied on 20/05/2022 22:04

Posted on 20/05/2022 22:04

Wanting to book two of these sites I spoke to 'Web Chat' about it.

The answer was, "I have spoken with our Marketing team and they have confirmed that we are currently re-evaluating offers for 2023, we will update the website with any offers as and when they become available"

Given that most of these discounted sites have been open for next years bookings for five months there doesn't seem much hope for any beneficial offers for this year. So effectively another price rise for some.

My time of club site use for next year will be at an end.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/05/2022 11:08

Posted on 21/05/2022 11:08

I suppose looking at it logically the raison d'être for mid-week discounts was to fill otherwise empty pitches during the week days. If as a result of the pandemic and the growing popularity of camping as a pastime then perhaps the original reasons for discounts no longer apply?

David

trellis replied on 21/05/2022 13:57

Posted on 21/05/2022 11:08 by DavidKlyne

I suppose looking at it logically the raison d'être for mid-week discounts was to fill otherwise empty pitches during the week days. If as a result of the pandemic and the growing popularity of camping as a pastime then perhaps the original reasons for discounts no longer apply?

David

Posted on 21/05/2022 13:57

David ,  If as you say the popularity of camping continues and the CMC continue with this "cash snatch "  , it sure as hell isn't going to be with them .

Wherenext replied on 21/05/2022 15:53

Posted on 21/05/2022 15:53

As far as I'm concerned Loyalty works both ways.

The main competitor offers far more in the way of incentives for the type of people who would use mid week discounts so if club sites start to find themselves short of their regular customer base at low season then it will be their own fault.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/05/2022 17:04

Posted on 21/05/2022 17:04

I think it is a fallacy to think that either Club offers discounts as a sort of bonus to members. The reason they are offered is to fill empty space the less empty space the less discounts. We are currently on a C&CC site for which we qualify for the over sixties discount but the reality is that it only amounts to about £1.50 a night less than the last CMC site (with no discounts) and as far as I am concerned the extra £1.50 extra was a bargain if I compare the two sites critically.

David

SteveL replied on 21/05/2022 21:25

Posted on 21/05/2022 17:04 by DavidKlyne

I think it is a fallacy to think that either Club offers discounts as a sort of bonus to members. The reason they are offered is to fill empty space the less empty space the less discounts. We are currently on a C&CC site for which we qualify for the over sixties discount but the reality is that it only amounts to about £1.50 a night less than the last CMC site (with no discounts) and as far as I am concerned the extra £1.50 extra was a bargain if I compare the two sites critically.

David

Posted on 21/05/2022 21:25

Perhaps they have reduced them in order to cover the increased electricity costs. Last September C&CC Malvern was £8 a night less than the CAMC site next door and we actually preferred it, and will use it again.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/05/2022 12:06

Posted on 21/05/2022 21:25 by SteveL

Perhaps they have reduced them in order to cover the increased electricity costs. Last September C&CC Malvern was £8 a night less than the CAMC site next door and we actually preferred it, and will use it again.

Posted on 22/05/2022 12:06

Steve 

The CMC site was Garlieston which included the increase for electricity so I imagine it would have been about the same price as the C&CC site we are now on at Ravenglass without the surcharge. I don't know what the C&CC are doing about any extra charges to cover the increased cost of energy? Perhaps they account for it in their dynamic pricing? At least the CMC are being transparent in their approach.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook