Longleat CAMC Advice

Forest Gate replied on 20/03/2022 11:34

Posted on 20/03/2022 11:34

We are thinking of visiting Longleat CAMC site in our motorhome so that we can attend an outdoor concert at the Longleat Safari Park complex. I'm not sure exactly where in the park it will be held but I am thinking it's most likely to be close to Longleat House.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to walk from the CAMC site to Longleat House, what distance is it and would it be do-able in the evening when the light has gone?

I've tried to get the answers direct from both sites but as yet have no replies. Looking on the CAMC site reviews some say you can walk it, others say you have to pay £38 to enter Longleat Park grounds!

Grateful for any advice.

moulesy replied on 20/03/2022 11:53

Posted on 20/03/2022 11:53

Some years ago it used to be an easy 5 minutes stroll from the site around to the house and grounds.  We met the old Lord Bath's housekeeper on a couple of occasions walking his lordship's dogs. Sadly that ceased to be the case when his son took over the running of the estate.  I believe it's not possible to access any part of the grounds now in the evening, though it's possible some arrangement could be made for special events.

It's a great shame,  used to be one of our "go to" sites in the days when you could tow down the hill and sweep round in front of the house on arrival!  frown

DavidKlyne replied on 20/03/2022 12:44

Posted on 20/03/2022 12:44

I can only go by the Christmas Light Show which is held around the house and gardens and that is a pretty easy walk for most I would say direct from the site. Obviously depends where the concert is held but if the house is the backdrop it would be easy. The only problem I could foresee is if they use a different entrance to the one by the campsite.

David

Forest Gate replied on 20/03/2022 14:19

Posted on 20/03/2022 14:19

I'll be a bit more patient and see if I get a reply from either site before I book anything but thanks for the replies.

Forest Gate replied on 20/03/2022 16:54

Posted on 20/03/2022 16:54

Well, that was helpful.. Just received a reply from Longleat House. As they aren't running the event I enquired about they can't comment and suggested I contact Ticketmaster! Now that's what I call customer service!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook