London LEZ Charge Confusion

ScottSurridge replied on 26/09/2022 17:27

Posted on 26/09/2022 17:27

Dear Fellow Members,

I have booked a long weekend at the Crystal palace Club Site in London where I was looking forward to taking my Motorhome (6m Swift Escape - 2886kg according to the V5) for a bit of a city break.

I have consequently become aware of the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) which this club falls within and despite much searching and going round in circles on the TFL and Gov websites I am struggling to gain conclusive information on the daily charges (apparently just when the vehicle is in motion)?

From what I can see it could be £100 per day when the vehicle is moving within this zone? £100 per day???

Is this correct?

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated because at that price my city break ideas will be changing?

Many thanks in advance, Scott.

eurortraveller replied on 26/09/2022 19:43

Posted on 26/09/2022 19:43

The CAMC Crystal Palace website has a useful link for you to use. Put in the reg. number of your vehicle and it will tell you how you are affected by the ULEZ.  In my case it tells me I can drive around the South Circular  Road to get to the site without payment. See what it says for your vehicle. 

DavidKlyne replied on 26/09/2022 19:48

Posted on 26/09/2022 19:48

As ET says all you need to do is input your registration number and that should give you the information you need. It will depend on the Euro rating of your engine, anything other than the latest Euro 6 classification is likely to be charged. Unfortunately for owners of older motorhomes, which are usually treated as commercial vehicles in such schemes, there are an increasing number of such zones where it will be difficult to visit without being out of pocket.

David

ScottSurridge replied on 27/09/2022 08:17

Posted on 27/09/2022 08:17

Many thanks for your replies, greatly appreciated.

The ULEZ (£12.50) charges strangely are easier to find and seems is added to the LEZ charge if driving in central London?

Great advice regarding the Crystal Palace website and I'm sure this will help clear it up for me.

Thanks again.

Kasspa replied on 27/09/2022 19:22

Posted on 27/09/2022 08:17 by ScottSurridge

Many thanks for your replies, greatly appreciated.

The ULEZ (£12.50) charges strangely are easier to find and seems is added to the LEZ charge if driving in central London?

Great advice regarding the Crystal Palace website and I'm sure this will help clear it up for me.

Thanks again.

Posted on 27/09/2022 19:22

And not to forget the congestion charge to top all of that up.....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook