List of Mobile Networks by site

Curzonparkboy replied on 06/08/2021 09:31

Posted on 06/08/2021 09:31

Hello

i wondered if a list existed of which networks were available on a site by site basis on the CC network?

i seem to remember it used to be mentioned on site information sheets but I just had a look through Chatsworth and couldn’t find anything 

The reason for me is like many we stream the tv through mobile internet nowadays 

young thomas replied on 06/08/2021 09:47

Posted on 06/08/2021 09:47

I dont remember a list but others may know of it...

however, you can do a coverage check for your own network(s) on their ow websites.

some folk have more than one provider to give resilience...EE is often mentioned as having terrific coverage, ive been a fan of Vodafone for a fair while and have found them to be very good.

Curzonparkboy replied on 06/08/2021 09:54

Posted on 06/08/2021 09:54

Thanks Bolero Boy, I use EE and last week at Southport it was incredibly fast, the other half was watching her favourite Netflix series 

brue replied on 06/08/2021 09:55

Posted on 06/08/2021 09:55

Ofcom will will have general coverage details on their website, maps etc.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 06/08/2021 10:00

Posted on 06/08/2021 09:47 by young thomas

I dont remember a list but others may know of it...

however, you can do a coverage check for your own network(s) on their ow websites.

some folk have more than one provider to give resilience...EE is often mentioned as having terrific coverage, ive been a fan of Vodafone for a fair while and have found them to be very good.

Posted on 06/08/2021 10:00

EE is 99% coverage👍🏻. I have EE, my wife has giffgaff piggybacking the o2 network, o2 is another good coverage. I live just inland of the Yorkshire coast that EE serves a wee bit better than o2.

SteveL replied on 06/08/2021 10:04

Posted on 06/08/2021 10:04

Coverage maps are only so good. A few years ago I had a need to be in constant communication, so I phoned the warden for advice. The coverage map showed my network worked. He told me that was the case but only if you went and stood by the entrance gate and were lucky.

Providing that information on the site information page would be very useful and not that difficult to do. Assuming the regional managers visit their sites, they would just have to take a device from the 4 main networks with them and check.

edit

The coverage percentages are of the population. Not the surface area of the UK. Many sites are not that close to population centres.

JVB66 replied on 06/08/2021 10:06

Posted on 06/08/2021 10:06

EE now part of the BT empire but neither EE or 02are very good where we live the best are Vodaphone and 3

Tinwheeler replied on 06/08/2021 10:23

Posted on 06/08/2021 10:23

The mobile network is being upgraded all the time so the situation can be rather fluid which could make site info out of date very quickly.

No matter how good the coverage, there will always be blank spots and sites are generally in rural areas so may well suffer from lack of signal even when the surrounding area has good reception.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook