Formula for site prices

Thehappycaravanners replied on 19/07/2024 07:49

Posted on 19/07/2024 07:49

Does anyone actually know how the club comes up with its site prices, I have recently looked at several sites and when looking at availability I can have 4 or 5 different prices per night in a 7 night stay, what ever happed to keep it simple, ( price per night x how many nights,

no wonder occupancy is down people can’t be bothered having to spend hours filling in forms just to get their holiday price. Mind you whichever way it is you still need a bank loan to book one,

Cornersteady replied on 19/07/2024 09:13

Posted on 19/07/2024 09:13

Hours filling in forms? 

I'm not sure how you're doing this but I select the site, click on check availability, select number of people and pitch type and month and it's all there. I've just timed myself and it's under a minute. 

The differing prices are due to dynamic pricing, and it may have been cheaper if you booked months ago. the price will only change by a small amount with a week unless it's a weekend on a popular time like a BH.

As to prices, some say they are high, some say they are good value, there are certainly other sites that are more expensive and cheaper so one picks the one that suits .

As was it ever that simple, if you look at the pics? And certainly far easier now to get a price?

Tinwheeler replied on 19/07/2024 09:19

Posted on 19/07/2024 08:53 by Tinwheeler

Check error threads. Prices are determined by market forces, ie Dynamic Pricing.

Posted on 19/07/2024 09:19

Good old predictive text🙄. Try “earlier threads”.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/07/2024 10:00

Posted on 21/07/2024 10:00

I don’t think we have ever filled in forms to get prices, but Corners photos did take us back a bit. You had the choice of going with or without a hook up as well, and it was a decently priced option (comparably speaking).

You actually have to commit to spending a deposit, securing your dates now to get the actual price you will pay. Not uncommon across the commercial holiday sector.

Surfer replied on 21/07/2024 14:20

Posted on 19/07/2024 07:49 by Thehappycaravanners

Does anyone actually know how the club comes up with its site prices, I have recently looked at several sites and when looking at availability I can have 4 or 5 different prices per night in a 7 night stay, what ever happed to keep it simple, ( price per night x how many nights,

no wonder occupancy is down people can’t be bothered having to spend hours filling in forms just to get their holiday price. Mind you whichever way it is you still need a bank loan to book one,

Posted on 21/07/2024 14:20

I get what you are saying as the booking system belongs in the dinosaur age.  Not sure how people book if they do not complete the form?  Maybe they are chancers hoping for a vacancy when they arrive at a CAMC site?

Wherenext replied on 21/07/2024 14:39

Posted on 19/07/2024 08:53 by Tinwheeler

Check error threads. Prices are determined by market forces, ie Dynamic Pricing.

Posted on 21/07/2024 14:39

I think someone should come up with a better description than "Dynamic".

Dynamic suggests someone with their finger on the button ready to decrease the price by a large amount as there are pitches to be filled. Just checked Chester site for coming week. Monday and Thursday price per night is the same but Tuesday and Wednesday is reduced by a whopping £0.60 per night! It's just seems so, so petty, and it actually is.

As for working the whole price out then wait until the end of all of your inputting and it will tell you how much the whole lot costs.

mickysf replied on 21/07/2024 14:48

Posted on 21/07/2024 14:48

Dynamic pricing in most markets today is achieved through algorithms. Data in, structure out. Less human touch, more profitability, allegedly.

Takethedogalong replied on 21/07/2024 15:12

Posted on 21/07/2024 15:12

It works well for the customer if applied both ways. Many holiday providers discount time sensitive empty units (cruise cabins, cottages, pub rooms etc….) but the Club doesn’t do this for pitches. It’s possibly a number of reasons, but only the Club will know why not. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook