Font knowledge.

BrickyBrian replied on 27/03/2017 17:55

Posted on 27/03/2017 17:55

David Brown mention of the small font size made sense to me. The font size may not have changed for many years but over those years many members have grown older and now find reading more difficult. 

The recent publication I received showing Centre Rallies 2017 is a classic example of typographical nonsense.  Not only was the font size far to small but it was also printed on colour making it practically impossible to read.

Moderator Comment - Thread moved here from UK Campsites and Touring

Thornsett replied on 28/03/2017 10:01

Posted on 28/03/2017 10:01

I wrote to the Club questioning the use of fonts in the revised magazine and the website. Didn't get a response. It's less of an issue on the screen because we can increase the view size but the magazine is ridiculous,

Justus2 replied on 28/03/2017 10:08

Posted on 28/03/2017 10:08

I would guess its all done by people with good vision on huge monitor screens, they may never see the actual printed article at all... I find it so difficult to read and the content so poor that it pretty much goes straight in the bin, a 2 or 3 min flick through the pics at best....Complete waste of time and paper, in my opinion of course.

replied on 28/03/2017 10:16

Posted on 28/03/2017 10:16

When working I wrote many letters to the public either to individuals or for letter drop. I always typed my own rather than draft them for typing. (I remember a boss of mine asking why I chose to type all my memos rather than hand write. I gave him a memo pad and pen and some random text from an office circular to write out whilst I typed at a keyboard. I had finished nine and hit print by the time he was halfway through. I pointed out the other advantage that mine was totally legible and a copy ready to file with a few clicks.)

The reason that I typed my own letters was that standard office font was 12 point. I used 14 point as I new not all were sharp eyed. If it almost fitted on a single page I would often edit so that it did or alternatively adjust text size down to 13.5 point (yes you can).  

JVB66 replied on 28/03/2017 10:21

Posted on 28/03/2017 10:21

The only Font knowledge i have was from decades ago when attending christenings when in church choir,and my sprogs christeningscool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook