Directions to Buxton Cub Site

Strange11 replied on 17/08/2023 19:35

Posted on 17/08/2023 19:35

The directions to Buxton Club are confusing, can I approach it from Leek on the A53?

DavidKlyne replied on 17/08/2023 20:25

Posted on 17/08/2023 20:25

The A53 is a bus route between Leek and Buxton so I can't see why not. The junction with Low Grin Road where you turn right is quite well space and would present no problems. I am a great fan of Google Maps with the option to look at the route on Street View. What difficulties were you expecting. When we went to Buxton we approached via the town as we were coming from the north but when we left we went down the A53 towards Leek, don't recall any problems.

David

wh1nbrew replied on 17/08/2023 20:27

Posted on 17/08/2023 20:27

Yes  In fact this is possibly the easiest approach route.  Getting close to Buxton, the road drops down the hill and to the right.  There is a clear right hand turn off to Harpur Hill whilst the A53 continues round to the left.  Not the greatest of visibility round that corner, so if you are lucky you will get someone coming away from Harpur Hill and turning right towards Buxton - go for it then as you know the road is going to be pretty safe to cross, even with a big unit.  The turnoff is on the left shortly after this turn. 

Strange11 replied on 18/08/2023 19:42

Posted on 18/08/2023 19:42

Thanks guys, that eases my mind. Looking at google maps suggests a clean entry but I needed confirmation from someone who had been there.

Chelty replied on 19/08/2023 15:43

Posted on 19/08/2023 15:43

Hi Strange11,  you don't say where you are coming from but I have travelled several times from the M6 via Stone and Leek to Buxton.

No problems except be aware that the route is bristling with speed cameras.!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook