Coniston Park Coppice no availability

legacyman replied on 22/10/2021 12:29

Posted on 22/10/2021 12:29

A week or so ago I checked availability at Coniston and there was nothing available from 3 Nov through till March 10.  I did query this with the club and was told there was going to be work in progress so site was probably fully booked. Being a bit sceptical (not a single pitch available for 4 1/2 months) I checked again today. The site info does now say that refurbishment work is taking place 3 Nov till 10 March so limited capacity, however now there are plenty of vacancies in Nov and Dec (upto 23 Dec) where previously there were none, yet no availability 24 Dec through till 10 March. I find it hard to believe there is not a single day in that period with availability. And why has Nov and Dec suddenly freed up lots of vacancies whereas there were none (has the refurb work been put back?). It suggests some pretty major work is going on - is the club telling us the true picture, just how many pitches are available Dec - March?

Tinwheeler replied on 22/10/2021 12:51

Posted on 22/10/2021 12:51

It seems the site will be partially closed, or have reduced occupancy, for at least part of the time the work is going on. As you know, dates for such works can change which might explain the alteration in availability.

Ask the club if you want further info but why doubt what they’re already telling you? 

Takethedogalong replied on 22/10/2021 12:56

Posted on 22/10/2021 12:56

There’s also the ongoing issue of staffing sites. Maybe Club are looking at what uptake is like up to Xmas and possibly reviewing keeping a Site open for just a few pitches? Things ain’t normal one way and or another at the moment🤷‍♀️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook