Commercial vehicles on site

David2115 replied on 01/06/2018 13:22

Posted on 01/06/2018 13:22

I was always led to believe that commercial vehicles were not allowed on site. I have just had a live chat with CAMC and they are allowed under the rules as long as they are your tow vehicle and has no signage on the vehicle that could be deemed offensive, not sure what that would be but there u go  

I guess not many people do use commercial vehicles but in theory the site could be full of light Hgv vehicles, flat bed trucks, large transit vans etc. Not sure how I feel about it. 

Not sure why I thought they were not allowed. Must have been misinformed. 

Tinwheeler replied on 01/06/2018 13:51

Posted on 01/06/2018 13:51

The rule was relaxed some years ago, David, and now only exists as has been explained to you. 

Several people on here use twin cab pick-ups and vans for towing and I’m surprised you haven’t seen the previous threads on the subject. 

JayEss replied on 01/06/2018 14:25

Posted on 01/06/2018 14:25

It was relaxed before we bought a caravan and joined the club and that was back in 2009. 

It's the main reason we joined as many private sites have a no commercials rule. 

I don't really care what vehicle people use to get to site but others do. They've given me some laughs over the years though 

Cornersteady replied on 01/06/2018 14:26

Posted on 01/06/2018 14:26

Like TW says this has been the norm for a good few years now. But as you haven't noticed any on site (I assume you visit club sites?) I wouldn't worry about it.

Personally I don't mind what is pitched next to me, full HGV if it would fit. I think the behavior of the people there is more important than their tow vehicles. Unless you think people who drive light Hgv vehicles, flat bed trucks, large transit vans are somehow more prone to bad behavior?

David2115 replied on 01/06/2018 14:34

Posted on 01/06/2018 14:34

Only reason I mentioned it was someone asked on another forum and I suggested that the ru;es stated they were not allowed. I was out of touch obviously. 

I do use club sites and have not noticed it happening. It’s not a problem for me.. it was a good rule to stop travellers coming in though because generally speaking they would have commercials 

Cornersteady replied on 01/06/2018 14:52

Posted on 01/06/2018 14:34 by David2115

Only reason I mentioned it was someone asked on another forum and I suggested that the ru;es stated they were not allowed. I was out of touch obviously. 

I do use club sites and have not noticed it happening. It’s not a problem for me.. it was a good rule to stop travellers coming in though because generally speaking they would have commercials 

Posted on 01/06/2018 14:52

That is a worry I agree and I did read on here once that wardens are pretty good at spotting 'travellers' and stopping them coming in.

JollyKernow replied on 01/06/2018 19:39

Posted on 01/06/2018 14:34 by David2115

Posted on 01/06/2018 19:39

Hi

Just for info, there are many types of members in our inclusive club, with many different outfits and methods of towing. I won't go over what's already been said but with our diverse membership, there are members that are also "travellers". As long as the rules of site and the byelaws that hold the club together are upheld, there should be no problems. 

Corners, yes you do learn to have an eye but it's not always the folk you expect!!!laughingwink

JK

Cornersteady replied on 01/06/2018 20:29

Posted on 01/06/2018 19:39 by JollyKernow

Hi

Just for info, there are many types of members in our inclusive club, with many different outfits and methods of towing. I won't go over what's already been said but with our diverse membership, there are members that are also "travellers". As long as the rules of site and the byelaws that hold the club together are upheld, there should be no problems. 

Corners, yes you do learn to have an eye but it's not always the folk you expect!!!laughingwink

JK

Posted on 01/06/2018 20:29

smile

David2115 replied on 02/06/2018 07:27

Posted on 01/06/2018 19:39 by JollyKernow

Hi

JK

Posted on 02/06/2018 07:27

I think we all know the types of travellers we r talking about 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook