Clumber Park Bike Storage

Takethedogalong replied on 27/08/2022 20:54

Posted on 27/08/2022 20:54

Ok, looking for some information about the bike storage provided at Clumber Park please. How secure, are bikes likely to get damaged in there, how is it accessed, any other relevant information. Thank you.

brue replied on 27/08/2022 21:07

Posted on 27/08/2022 21:07

I don't know if it's been upgraded in the upgrade so to speak  TDA but we took one look at it and kept our bikes secured on our van bike rack...then spent three nights listening for light fingers...you just can't win. wink We were on the edge of the site and the nearby boundary with the woods wasn't secure. Others might have been recently and can tell you more. smile

Takethedogalong replied on 27/08/2022 21:27

Posted on 27/08/2022 21:27

Site info says it has been part of upgrade Brue, but that’s it. We don’t want something where bikes are just thrown in a heap, and we know how bad the bike thefts can be there. We have some serious (motorbike quality) security chains, plus alarms. Could do with some photos really. Will phone Site to ask, but would rather have info from users rather than staff.

SteveL replied on 27/08/2022 22:08

Posted on 27/08/2022 22:08

When we had a walk up to look the other day, there seemed to be more barbed wire around the perimeter and the gate into the forest now has a code pad and is contained with a 6 foot high section of fencing. So slightly more security than previously, when anyone could wander in or climb over.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/08/2022 22:21

Posted on 27/08/2022 22:21

Do you know what the bike security is like Steve. Is it individual lockers in the big storage, or are bikes just heaped in together? Is it key coded? 

Metheven replied on 27/08/2022 23:13

Posted on 27/08/2022 23:13

We used it 2 years ago for our full size leccy bikes, then it was either card or keypad operated (can't remember which) and inside you ran your bikes into wheel stands. They we're a bit close together and careful placing was needed so as not to foul your neighbours. The bikes had quite a lean when in the stands, catering for the wide tyred Mountain bikes no doubt, and subsequently placed a lot of strain on the wheels. I wouldn't have thought the bike stands would have been thrown out, so maybe re-used but as said might be better to ask beforehand.

Booked in there end of September again but probably too late for feedback to you.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/08/2022 23:57

Posted on 27/08/2022 23:57

Thanks M, very helpful. I will phone site tomorrow see if I can find out a bit more. That’s sort of how I pictured things might be, a bit reliant upon others taking care when extracting their bikes. We live not far away, so we could have a drive over and take a look, as a last resort. 

brue replied on 28/08/2022 07:31

Posted on 28/08/2022 07:31

We stayed at the end of a week and into the weekend and there was a big difference at the weekend with lots of families with bikes and activity etc. Would recommend midweek for a more relaxing stay. 

SteveL replied on 28/08/2022 07:39

Posted on 27/08/2022 22:21 by Takethedogalong

Do you know what the bike security is like Steve. Is it individual lockers in the big storage, or are bikes just heaped in together? Is it key coded? 

Posted on 28/08/2022 07:39

Sorry TDA we have never used it. I know theft there has been a problem and I always thought the perimeter leaked like a sieve. Hence my comments re the improvement.

Takethedogalong replied on 28/08/2022 10:40

Posted on 28/08/2022 10:40

Thanks Steve and Brue👍 Midweek, we aren’t masochistic enough for the weekends😱 And yes Steve, we know what goes on in Clumber when it gets dark, very vulnerable. Hope the upgrade helps.

It’s plan C for the Tour of Britain to be honest. Race goes right through Clumber, with a right angle bend just down from Club Site, so riders have to slow up, good spectator spot. Weather elsewhere that week has put us off going up to NE, we would rather get a better forecast for a longer tour, particularly as we were going to swim as well. It’s a very long cold wait for a peloton if it’s pouring down with rain (Leyburn, World Championships taught us that🥶 and Dartmoor one year) Ironic given what a fabulous Summer it has been. Couple of nights gives us chance to have a good ride out, watch race, and it’s only half hour from home. But oh, the price😬😱

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook