Club campsite update for 2024

RowenaBCAMC replied on 21/06/2023 15:01

Posted on 21/06/2023 15:01

You can now book a UK Club campsite break between 1 January to 31 June 2024 at the same price as this year, with just a low deposit and free cancellations.

We understand the pressures of the increased cost of living at this time and are always looking for ways to help you tour for less. We have been working tirelessly across the Club to identify cost saving initiatives and negotiating key contracts to continue our investment in UK Club campsites whilst keeping price increases to a minimum. As a result we are able to offer stays on our campsites in 2024 at 2023 prices.

For 2023 we have also introduced offers and discounts to save you money on your stays, including the current 20% off Summer Getaways where you can save 20% at selected UK Club campsites.

Please be aware there is limited availability at these prices.

Learn more HERE

Cornersteady replied on 23/06/2023 18:13

Posted on 23/06/2023 17:18 by billnk

Sadly the 'offer' is not for us and here's why: our behaviour in years gone by was to book our whole year ahead (rarely cancelled), how exciting it was to plan our breaks.  Now; we can't pull out multiple deposits (even at 10%) and with increasing age hubby has succumbed to lots of health issues so we daren't run the risk of cancellations at all now. We're seeing our membership out for our one and only booking later in the summer but then sadly the USP for us has waned and it will be au revoir after that. I am so saddened by all of this.

Posted on 23/06/2023 18:13

Sorry to hear that but a few points that might help?

One there have been posts about people  cancelling for medical reasons within the 21 days and the deposit while not returned but it's been carried forward, I think the club said it will look on each case individually.

Secondly the deposits do seemed to have freed up pitches and it is now possible to get more sites at short notice.

And lastly keep the membership and why not look at CLs, some require deposits while some don't but it might be less than a club site? Some of then do have showers and facilties, and even service pitches.

Hope you find something.

DaveCyn replied on 23/06/2023 18:58

Posted on 23/06/2023 12:58 by peedee

We 'saved' £28.40 this morning.

Saved? If that was based on a lower deposit it is not really a saving , all it means is you have a higher fee to pay on the day of arrival but, I am sure you know that. Energy prices are falling hopefully even further by next year. If that remains the case then the Club should be able to reduce 2024 prices to below that of 2023?

peedee

Posted on 23/06/2023 18:58

I for one will not be holding my breath waiting for that to happen!

JollyKernow replied on 23/06/2023 20:07

Posted on 23/06/2023 18:58 by DaveCyn

I for one will not be holding my breath waiting for that to happen!

Posted on 23/06/2023 20:07

At least if you're on a club site when you hold your breath Dave you can be assured that all staff are trained first aiders with life saving equipment toosurprised

JK

Luckyskip replied on 08/07/2023 12:23

Posted on 08/07/2023 12:23

Totally agree with Billnk, we would spend ages planning our May, June/early July & September ‘tours’, normally a year in advance, exclusively on club sites. Occasionally we would change our minds & re book another area that we now fancied (all weeks/months in advance). However, since the deposit new system has been introduced all of this has had to stop, we can’t afford on our fixed income to be outstanding possibly 12 weeks or more on deposits which if our plans change or health deteriorates we could loose. We have not used a club site since the deposits were introduced & I doubt that we will again.

eurortraveller replied on 08/07/2023 13:25

Posted on 08/07/2023 12:23 by Luckyskip

Totally agree with Billnk, we would spend ages planning our May, June/early July & September ‘tours’, normally a year in advance, exclusively on club sites. Occasionally we would change our minds & re book another area that we now fancied (all weeks/months in advance). However, since the deposit new system has been introduced all of this has had to stop, we can’t afford on our fixed income to be outstanding possibly 12 weeks or more on deposits which if our plans change or health deteriorates we could loose. We have not used a club site since the deposits were introduced & I doubt that we will again.

Posted on 08/07/2023 13:25

Please let us know about the sites without deposits which you are going to use instead.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook