CL recommendations please

tinytino46 replied on 09/06/2019 14:23

Posted on 09/06/2019 14:23

We normally go to club sites but are wanting to look at going to a CL in the summer. We've had a look in the book.but there are lots so I'm hoping for some recommendations! We are a family with a 5 year old and two dogs. Would like a site with showers / wc, electric hook up and somewhere with decent dog walks nearby. Ideally also it would be good for somewhere with fishing as an option and also a town/village nearby. Looking around the North west/peak district/Nottingham area! Any advice would be gratefully received!! 

replied on 09/06/2019 14:28

Posted on 09/06/2019 14:28

Most of your parameters can be selected during a search on the booking

nelliethehooker replied on 09/06/2019 15:10

Posted on 09/06/2019 15:10

My goodness TT, you're not asking for a lot are you!! There are plenty that would suit some of your requirements but not many that would match them all. 

A quick search gives 6 in Lancashire, 1 in Nottinghamshire, and none in Derbyshire that have all that you want

Takethedogalong replied on 10/06/2019 09:44

Posted on 09/06/2019 14:23 by tinytino46

We normally go to club sites but are wanting to look at going to a CL in the summer. We've had a look in the book.but there are lots so I'm hoping for some recommendations! We are a family with a 5 year old and two dogs. Would like a site with showers / wc, electric hook up and somewhere with decent dog walks nearby. Ideally also it would be good for somewhere with fishing as an option and also a town/village nearby. Looking around the North west/peak district/Nottingham area! Any advice would be gratefully received!! 

Posted on 10/06/2019 09:44

That’s going to be a testing combination. CLs with fishing on site are often AO for safety reasons, and the one that came to mind to me is just that sadly. I think you will have more luck if you decide to ignore the fishing initially, find a family CL with all you need, then research the fishing separately.

The very obvious place for you to stay and achieve all your needs is of course Clumber Park Club Site. 

If you are new to CLs, don’t expect to find everything that a Club Site offers, but cheaper. If you can compromise a little you will find a lot more CL options. Ditch the need for showers/ loos and try using your onboard facilities, (if of course your van has them) and that gives different options. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook