Cherry Hinton Cambrige - buses / taxi

ChrisLambertDowell replied on 20/02/2024 13:34

Posted on 20/02/2024 13:34

Hi all 

We're getting our van out early this year and heading to Cherry Hinton Cambridge in 2 weeks time. 

Has anyone used the buses to go into town? 

I've tried the Council website and it's broken - I'm trying to work out the bus number to see if it's viable to use them to get in and back later in the evening (and on a Sunday). 

It might simply be easier, and not much more money, to get "Uber" to come. 

Anyone's experience would be very much appreciated. 

Many thanks

Chris

DavidKlyne replied on 21/02/2024 17:03

Posted on 21/02/2024 17:03

Bus connections are good from the Cherry Hinton site. Two choices from memory. Walk down to the main road and turn left and there is a bus stop that takes you into Cambridge via Addenbrookes or alternative down to the main road from the site and turn right and there is a bus stop opposite the pub that takes you into the City. 

When looking for bus services near campsites I always suggest looking at Google Maps for where you are staying. You sometimes have to zoom in a bit but the do show bus stops and if you hover over the bus stop it shows the service number and a quick Google will bring up the timetables. On a smart phone use Maps and search for buses and local service will be displayed in real time. Having said that its a pretty regular service from Cherry Hinton.

David

mickysf replied on 27/02/2024 18:09

Posted on 27/02/2024 18:09

I’d second David’s advice, the buses are regular and the travel times of both routes are not dissimilar. Wouldn’t bother with Uber. Having said that Queen Edith Way had some major road works going on when we visited recently with a diversion in place which affected both buses and our approach to site. Worth checking.

Kasspa replied on 28/02/2024 12:43

Posted on 28/02/2024 08:35 by ChrisLambertDowell

Thanks for the replies - I didn't realise Google maps was clever enough for that. I'll have a look. 

Cheers

Posted on 28/02/2024 12:43

Yes, very clever.... enter your location, destination, then select option for mode of transport...

Icons showing car, public transport, walking, cycling..... always find it very accurate even in Europe.....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook