Carnon Downs - Arrival time

NutsyH replied on 14/10/2022 16:06

Posted on 14/10/2022 16:06

Now I know that 13.00 is the earliest arrival time on sites, there has been plenty of talk on here about it. I have just booked Carnon Downs for next year, and my booking confirmation clearly states 13.00 as the earliest arrival time.

Pity the club website doesn't give the same time!!! It clearly states 12.00............ Doesn't bother me, as I won't be arriving until late afternoon but you would think the club could at least have the same times shown on the booking page as on the confirmation. No wonder there is confusion.

I was going to take a screen shot to post on here, but I figured life is too short to try and upload it.

Bakers2 replied on 14/10/2022 16:26

Posted on 14/10/2022 16:06 by NutsyH

Now I know that 13.00 is the earliest arrival time on sites, there has been plenty of talk on here about it. I have just booked Carnon Downs for next year, and my booking confirmation clearly states 13.00 as the earliest arrival time.

Pity the club website doesn't give the same time!!! It clearly states 12.00............ Doesn't bother me, as I won't be arriving until late afternoon but you would think the club could at least have the same times shown on the booking page as on the confirmation. No wonder there is confusion.

I was going to take a screen shot to post on here, but I figured life is too short to try and upload it.

Posted on 14/10/2022 16:26

😂🤣

You couldn't make it up!

Still makes "the experience" more interesting 🤔 

Do you think it's deliberate??????

Takethedogalong replied on 14/10/2022 17:05

Posted on 14/10/2022 17:05

To quote HRH…….”dear, oh dear”🤣🤣🤣

Its the poor Site Staff I feel for….

replied on 14/10/2022 17:54

Posted on 14/10/2022 17:54

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

vbfg replied on 15/10/2022 07:16

Posted on 14/10/2022 17:05 by Takethedogalong

To quote HRH…….”dear, oh dear”🤣🤣🤣

Its the poor Site Staff I feel for….

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:16

I too feel sorry for the site staff. For around 12 months they had to put up with a lot of abuse due to people complaining about the site rules in respect of Covid, then it was mainly due to site arrival times, now it is the new booking site and site arrival times.  It is little wonder that the Club are having problems recruiting and retaining staff. I agree that it is mediocre in the extreme that the new booking site is still stating the wrong arrival times at some sites, but it is the Club which is at fault, not the onsite staff.  I would also point out that, even when a site clearly states the earliest arrival time is 1.00 and the booking confirmation is 1.00 many members still arrive early, often well before arrival time, expecting to be let on site, then when refused  and asked to leave and come back later, become upset and/or annoyed and  write a review which criticises the site staff, when in fact, it is the member who is at fault! 

SteveL replied on 15/10/2022 07:35

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:35

There is just a total lack of quality control on the website. Several years ago I emailed the club pointing out some glaring errors. I received a very nice email back thanking me and stating my email had passed on to the appropriate team to rectify the matter. The mistakes still hadn’t been corrected two years later.😡 I put a lot of it down to, “I’ve sent an email so I’ve done the job”. The same thing was happening latterly when I was working. An email requesting some action would just keep getting forwarded and never dealt with by anyone. Each link in the chain happy they had dealt with the issue.🤷🏻‍♀️

Oneputt replied on 15/10/2022 08:16

Posted on 15/10/2022 08:16

The confirmation e mails I’ve received for the three club sites we’ve visited this year all clearly state 1 pm arrival 

vbfg replied on 15/10/2022 09:10

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:35 by SteveL

There is just a total lack of quality control on the website. Several years ago I emailed the club pointing out some glaring errors. I received a very nice email back thanking me and stating my email had passed on to the appropriate team to rectify the matter. The mistakes still hadn’t been corrected two years later.😡 I put a lot of it down to, “I’ve sent an email so I’ve done the job”. The same thing was happening latterly when I was working. An email requesting some action would just keep getting forwarded and never dealt with by anyone. Each link in the chain happy they had dealt with the issue.🤷🏻‍♀️

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:10

I agree with what you say. It may have worked better if the Club had changed to a more  competent company than Air Angel, BEFORE the change in the new booking system was introduced and perhaps it may have worked far better.  There must be many other companies which provide IT systems for the hospitality industry as there are numerous large holiday companies which obviously use them, so it is not as though there are no others that they could use.

brue replied on 15/10/2022 09:29

Posted on 15/10/2022 07:35 by SteveL

Posted on 15/10/2022 09:29

I'm this case it's "proof reading" which is lacking. This was a new site brought into the fold not long ago and is an important addition to the network, the details obviously weren't checked properly.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook