Cancellations for bookings under the old system

billnk replied on 05/03/2023 18:31

Posted on 05/03/2023 18:31

Hi can anyone answer this please as I can't find it in the FAQ's. 

Before the new system was introduced we booked our Easter stay, obviously without the deposit.  Hubby has been ill and he is waiting for surgery. Coming up to the now critical deadline of 21 days we need to make a decision whether to go or not.

As the site is close to home and he is a bit better we could go and have a decent break which will be welcomed after 6 months of illness and possibly the only one for a while if he gets called in soon. I would tow us back if he took ill whilst away.

BUT: what happens if he gets called for surgery within the 21 days, obviously we'd have to cancel.  Would I then have to pay an amount equivalent to the deposit I would have paid if the booking had been made under the new system as some sort of 'penalty'?

JollyKernow replied on 05/03/2023 18:47

Posted on 05/03/2023 18:47

Bookings made under the old booking system are subject to the t's & c's of that system billnk. You won't have paid a deposit and you can cancel at anytime, but the 72 hour rule applies to that booking. If you have to cancel within the 72 hours you'll receive an automated email advising you've cancelled late. Don't worry about it and enjoy your break away if you can. I hope this puts your mind at restsmile

JK

billnk replied on 05/03/2023 19:00

Posted on 05/03/2023 19:00

Thank you, that does put my mind at rest.  We've had a lot on our plates and draconian rules could just tip me over the edge embarassed

replied on 05/03/2023 19:42

Posted on 05/03/2023 19:00 by billnk

Thank you, that does put my mind at rest.  We've had a lot on our plates and draconian rules could just tip me over the edge embarassed

Posted on 05/03/2023 19:42

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Luckyskip replied on 10/03/2023 14:42

Posted on 10/03/2023 14:42

Personally the only thing left going for membership was the no deposit system for us, my husband has cancer & we try our best to get out as often as his health allows, so like the above posters the last selling point for this club ended for us when the system changed. We will not be renewing our membership this year as I can’t believe the price increases that have been applied in 2023, for us now the private sites are much better value, we used to stay at Chatsworth 3 - 4 times a year but I was totally astounded at the new prices £40 per night in March ! & over £50 per night early April ! Last year we averaged £28per night, talk about being ripped off! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook