Bridport Bingham Grange

NutsyH replied on 20/08/2021 08:11

Posted on 20/08/2021 08:11

Unable to book anything for 2022. Calendar shows closed/full for the whole of 2022. I have sent an email via "contact us", but wonder if anyone knows if this site is closing down, or is it just the wonderful booking system that doesn't know that 2022 exists?

Paul

KeefySher replied on 20/08/2021 08:16

Posted on 20/08/2021 08:16

Perhaps its to be converted to the CAMC standard car park layout instead of its delightful individual pitches that we discovered earlier this year and will return to at half term.

Rufs replied on 20/08/2021 08:31

Posted on 20/08/2021 08:16 by KeefySher

Perhaps its to be converted to the CAMC standard car park layout instead of its delightful individual pitches that we discovered earlier this year and will return to at half term.

Posted on 20/08/2021 08:31

Yes agreed, we used it many times before the club bought it. When we used it it was family run had a lovely restaurant that also did proper take away meals, some of the facilities were not what you would expect on a club site, but for us they were more than adequate. Will not visit again. The club I believe were due to revamp the place starting last year but it was probably put on hold as a result of covid etc 

JVB66 replied on 20/08/2021 08:57

Posted on 20/08/2021 08:57

It  was going to be upgraded to club and LA standards when it was first purchased  ,there are still several areas of concern 

The bottom half of the site has no proper waste disposal

There is not an adequate MC waste disposal either some of the showering facilities are in need of replacement

The chemical emptying point is completely inadequate

One of the major problems at the top half of the site when first purchased was the lack of fire breaks , that has been temporarily overcome by reducing the amount of pitches

There are many other areas that also need attention

NutsyH replied on 20/08/2021 09:01

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:01

Thanks for the informative replies. I'll give it a miss even if booking becomes available.

Rufs replied on 20/08/2021 09:08

Posted on 20/08/2021 08:57 by JVB66

It  was going to be upgraded to club and LA standards when it was first purchased  ,there are still several areas of concern 

The bottom half of the site has no proper waste disposal

There is not an adequate MC waste disposal either some of the showering facilities are in need of replacement

The chemical emptying point is completely inadequate

One of the major problems at the top half of the site when first purchased was the lack of fire breaks , that has been temporarily overcome by reducing the amount of pitches

There are many other areas that also need attention

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:08

Well it functioned very very well as a non club site for many years, and was enjoyed by many, now the club are going to sterilise the place, perhaps that is why i seldom use club sites laughing

JVB66 replied on 20/08/2021 09:14

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:08 by Rufs

Well it functioned very very well as a non club site for many years, and was enjoyed by many, now the club are going to sterilise the place, perhaps that is why i seldom use club sites laughing

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:14

It did not function well , it just functioned the LA were it seems not happy bunnies with it ,but as told to me when we went ,there were some major issues  that as new owners the club were expected to get sorted, some as mentioned in my postundecided

JVB66 replied on 20/08/2021 09:22

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:01 by NutsyH

Thanks for the informative replies. I'll give it a miss even if booking becomes available.

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:22

It will be a great site in a lovely area when sorted

Rufs replied on 20/08/2021 09:37

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:14 by JVB66

It did not function well , it just functioned the LA were it seems not happy bunnies with it ,but as told to me when we went ,there were some major issues  that as new owners the club were expected to get sorted, some as mentioned in my postundecided

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:37

Did you ever visit before it became a club site?, I did on several occasions, it functioned well

"LA were is seems not happy bunnies"

says who, very strange they were given permission to add additional pitches before the club bought it

"There is not an adequate MC waste disposal either some of the showering facilities are in need of replacement"

MC waste maybe there was or was not as a caravaner was not a problem for us, but site was probably functioning long before MH's were so prolific and probably did not have a need, and as the site is somewhat off the beaten track with no bus service probably not ideal for MH's.

some of the showering facilities are in need of replacement, yes because they do not conform to CAMC design not that they are inadequate, i dont see full on suite showers on many club sites if any, Bingham had 2 and very pleasant they were.

"but as told to me when we went ,there were some major issues "

as told to you !, but you and yours are staunch CAMC members who i guess never venture very far from club sites and expect all sites to have similar standards, and i agree club standards are very good, but some people dont mind roughing it a little bit, we certainly dont, so yes Bingham Grange was not club standard but we have used sites a lot worse than Bingham Grange.

But all this is academic, now, the club will as i said Sterilise the place and spoil what i thought was a very good site, we still visit the area at least once per year because we love it, but have moved to another commercial site which hopefully the club will not get their hands on undecided  

JVB66 replied on 20/08/2021 09:48

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:37 by Rufs

Did you ever visit before it became a club site?, I did on several occasions, it functioned well

"LA were is seems not happy bunnies"

says who, very strange they were given permission to add additional pitches before the club bought it

"There is not an adequate MC waste disposal either some of the showering facilities are in need of replacement"

MC waste maybe there was or was not as a caravaner was not a problem for us, but site was probably functioning long before MH's were so prolific and probably did not have a need, and as the site is somewhat off the beaten track with no bus service probably not ideal for MH's.

some of the showering facilities are in need of replacement, yes because they do not conform to CAMC design not that they are inadequate, i dont see full on suite showers on many club sites if any, Bingham had 2 and very pleasant they were.

"but as told to me when we went ,there were some major issues "

as told to you !, but you and yours are staunch CAMC members who i guess never venture very far from club sites and expect all sites to have similar standards, and i agree club standards are very good, but some people dont mind roughing it a little bit, we certainly dont, so yes Bingham Grange was not club standard but we have used sites a lot worse than Bingham Grange.

But all this is academic, now, the club will as i said Sterilise the place and spoil what i thought was a very good site, we still visit the area at least once per year because we love it, but have moved to another commercial site which hopefully the club will not get their hands on undecided  

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:48

I think I will. leave it for you to , live In the world of what you consider "functioning well"?undecided

We were there in July 2018 and the staff both cc and still some from the previous owners, were quite aware of the problems that the club had  accepted as temporary untill they could all be done although the pitch problems on the top part were being addressed as best they could at the timesurprised

And when noted at sites that have been recently refurbished with one or two almost standard facilties block ,that can be made to what is required at each site it will save a lot of money  

DavidKlyne replied on 20/08/2021 09:55

Posted on 20/08/2021 09:55

I noticed from one of the reviews that a recent visitor mentioned it would be closed for refurbishment next year although there is no mention of this on the site page. The site  clearly has a lot of serious issues according to the reviews. The Club will of course make it look like a "Club Site" that is what they do and what I would suggest the majority of Club members want. If Club sites were that awful they would be empty all the time but the opposite is the case. 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook