Borrowdale shop 2023

MountainView replied on 30/05/2023 06:14

Posted on 30/05/2023 06:14

The wardens at Borrowdale site ran a well-stocked shop with a good selection of necessities: bread, milk, even locally baked cakes. The wardens retired at the end of the 2022 season. We'll be staying at Borrowdale next week and are planning how much groceries we need to pack. Can anyone who has been to Borrowdale since the new wardens took over this year tell me whether the new wardens are still running a well stocked shop: bread, milk and the locally baked cakes. Thanks for your help.

JollyKernow replied on 30/05/2023 07:55

Posted on 30/05/2023 07:55

As running a site shop is a personal choice for site staff I think it's best to phone the site in advance rather than ask on a forum MountainView. 

JK

Dave Nicholson replied on 31/05/2023 16:41

Posted on 31/05/2023 16:41

Keswick is only a few miles walk, ferry trip, bus or drive from the site and Booths or the Coop stock everything you will need.

kassies dad replied on 01/06/2023 13:18

Posted on 01/06/2023 13:18

kes market days on Thursdays and Saturdays only cancelled when high winds and downpours forcast 

MountainView replied on 14/06/2023 05:59

Posted on 14/06/2023 05:59

Thanks to those who responded. I'm aware that running a shop is a personal choice for the staff, and I had tried to phone the site several times. We've now returned from our stay and for anyone else who wants to know, new wardens Jo and Mick are continuing to run the well stocked shop. Jo and Mick have improved the contactless/card payment device. Those who have stayed on the site may remember the poor mobile coverage which required the previous wardens to have to walk towards the entrance to get the card device to work. Jo and Mick's new device works on the site office wifi, so speeds up payment. On the subject of wifi, the club wifi doesn't extend much beyond the office, so the new wardens have sited a bench next to the office for guests to use has a hotspot, or hot bench. The wifi antenna is to be mounted on a pole to increase the range. Jo and Mick are lovely wardens. Very helpful and friendly. We had yet another wonderful visit and are looking forward to our next visit.

vbfg replied on 14/06/2023 12:50

Posted on 14/06/2023 05:59 by MountainView

Thanks to those who responded. I'm aware that running a shop is a personal choice for the staff, and I had tried to phone the site several times. We've now returned from our stay and for anyone else who wants to know, new wardens Jo and Mick are continuing to run the well stocked shop. Jo and Mick have improved the contactless/card payment device. Those who have stayed on the site may remember the poor mobile coverage which required the previous wardens to have to walk towards the entrance to get the card device to work. Jo and Mick's new device works on the site office wifi, so speeds up payment. On the subject of wifi, the club wifi doesn't extend much beyond the office, so the new wardens have sited a bench next to the office for guests to use has a hotspot, or hot bench. The wifi antenna is to be mounted on a pole to increase the range. Jo and Mick are lovely wardens. Very helpful and friendly. We had yet another wonderful visit and are looking forward to our next visit.

Posted on 14/06/2023 12:50

What a really helpful post.  I have been to Borrowdale on a couple of occasions and hope to do so again later in the year, so that info will be very useful for future visits.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook