Booking System - Edit Stay

V70Ranger replied on 09/08/2023 16:12

Posted on 09/08/2023 16:12

Having booked a stay at Clumber Park next week as part of our trip up to Scotland, we found ourselves in the position of being able to head off a day earlier than planned. Checked the site and there are pitches available so all systems are go!

Then I made the tragic mistake of trying to edit our stay through the website. The system wanted to charge us the full amount for the whole stay again. I had, rather foolishly, thought that as the original stay had already had the balanced paid up front, the system would just ask us to pay the balance outstanding for the additional night.

So I closed the page down and then went and booked the additional night as a one night stay. Lesson learnt.

Happy days.

V70 Ranger

Cornersteady replied on 09/08/2023 16:32

Posted on 09/08/2023 16:32

I've added days on at both the start and end of stays and have had no problems at all. I've had to pay the deposit for the extra day but not any more. You say it wanted the whole amount? Had you paid upfront?

V70Ranger replied on 09/08/2023 18:54

Posted on 09/08/2023 16:32 by Cornersteady

I've added days on at both the start and end of stays and have had no problems at all. I've had to pay the deposit for the extra day but not any more. You say it wanted the whole amount? Had you paid upfront?

Posted on 09/08/2023 18:54

Yes I had settled up before going. It was showing the amount for the entire stay as the outstanding balance.

Cornersteady replied on 09/08/2023 19:06

Posted on 09/08/2023 18:54 by V70Ranger

Yes I had settled up before going. It was showing the amount for the entire stay as the outstanding balance.

Posted on 09/08/2023 19:06

Like I said I've added days on with no issues, just adding the extra deposit or paid if we were already on site and wanted to extend but we never paid upfront. Perhaps write in to the club to find out what happened?

JollyKernow replied on 09/08/2023 19:14

Posted on 09/08/2023 18:54 by V70Ranger

Posted on 09/08/2023 19:14

Did you proceed to the payment page V70? I only ask as if we extend a booking on site it gives as you say the full stay amount but the payment screen only shows the additional balance.

JK

V70Ranger replied on 09/08/2023 19:15

Posted on 09/08/2023 19:06 by Cornersteady

Like I said I've added days on with no issues, just adding the extra deposit or paid if we were already on site and wanted to extend but we never paid upfront. Perhaps write in to the club to find out what happened?

Posted on 09/08/2023 19:15

Yes I will give them a bell and have a chat with them

GTP replied on 26/08/2023 15:23

Posted on 26/08/2023 15:23

Just attempted to reduce a seven night booking to five nights....OK until you 'update basket' then the system treats it not as an amendment but as a separate booking and requests either a deposit or full payment. After three attempts (generous for me) I have given up and will make the call on Monday.

Although I am well within the 21 day rule (the booking is for Oct 30)..what would happen if I was making the amendment with only a couple of days spare...the office doesn't open until Monday !!

I have been involved with IT more years than I care to remember but this system is on another level...Did I read correctly that the Directors receive £2.4 m in salaries ?

GTP replied on 26/08/2023 15:43

Posted on 26/08/2023 15:33 by Tinwheeler

It’s Bank Hol, GTP. Guess you’ll need to leave it until Tuesday 🤔

Posted on 26/08/2023 15:43

Thanks TW...Missed that one.. In mitigation we have just returned home after 'doing the trip in one' from Portsmouth Ferry Terminal to Yorkshire...so a little 'spaced out'.

Cornersteady replied on 26/08/2023 16:05

Posted on 26/08/2023 15:23 by GTP

Just attempted to reduce a seven night booking to five nights....OK until you 'update basket' then the system treats it not as an amendment but as a separate booking and requests either a deposit or full payment. After three attempts (generous for me) I have given up and will make the call on Monday.

Although I am well within the 21 day rule (the booking is for Oct 30)..what would happen if I was making the amendment with only a couple of days spare...the office doesn't open until Monday !!

I have been involved with IT more years than I care to remember but this system is on another level...Did I read correctly that the Directors receive £2.4 m in salaries ?

Posted on 26/08/2023 16:05

Did you go through to make a payment screen, the very final one where you would need card details?

I think from recall when I did this that this is where you'll find you will be refunded your money, it will say something like the new balance is whatever and will still say pay make full or deposit payment but then on the very last screen and it will say you are due - whatever.

It is confusing as I found out, especially as I was amending a booking still under the old rules and hadn't paid a deposit.

GTP replied on 26/08/2023 16:32

Posted on 26/08/2023 16:05 by Cornersteady

Did you go through to make a payment screen, the very final one where you would need card details?

I think from recall when I did this that this is where you'll find you will be refunded your money, it will say something like the new balance is whatever and will still say pay make full or deposit payment but then on the very last screen and it will say you are due - whatever.

It is confusing as I found out, especially as I was amending a booking still under the old rules and hadn't paid a deposit.

Posted on 26/08/2023 16:32

No I didn't .. I was not going to take the risk, especially after listening to others who have fell foul of this system.... I stopped at the request for payment of either a deposit or full payment..

As you say confusing...and obviously requires further work to make this system user friendly...however i have been retired too long to offer my services. wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook