Booking a cl

lindaknighton replied on 05/02/2017 07:58

Posted on 05/02/2017 07:58

Why is it when you try to browse through the c l section you add your requirements and press search only for it to state none  found search again even with the few required facilities eg toilet electric. It's always malfunctioning is it so you give up and book a club site ?

SteveL replied on 05/02/2017 08:15

Posted on 05/02/2017 08:15

There is a thread running on this topic in the Certified Locations Section. On page 5 of it Rochelle says a fix for the search by requirements should be released by the middle of the coming week.

Surfer replied on 05/02/2017 15:01

Posted on 05/02/2017 15:01

Why is it that if contacting a CL by email, on many occasions they do not bother to reply?  I contacted a CL last week by email as no answer on the phone and we are still waiting for a reply!

nelliethehooker replied on 05/02/2017 20:03

Posted on 05/02/2017 20:03

Perhaps they are away on holiday? Have you looked in your junk file as occasionally a post from an unknown source gets put in there?

Must admit we have had the same happen but not very often. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and try phoning again after a day or so, if it's in an area we particularly want to go and if there are few CLs thereabouts.

Surfer replied on 06/02/2017 10:13

Posted on 05/02/2017 20:03 by nelliethehooker

Perhaps they are away on holiday? Have you looked in your junk file as occasionally a post from an unknown source gets put in there?

Must admit we have had the same happen but not very often. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and try phoning again after a day or so, if it's in an area we particularly want to go and if there are few CLs thereabouts.

Posted on 06/02/2017 10:13

I did try phoning during the day initially, but as no answer I suspected that they may be out working on the farm which is why I reverted to email.  If away on holiday why have a CL open all year?  Simple enough to post a message on your website stating that you are on holiday.  The CL in question does have a website.

replied on 06/02/2017 10:17

Posted on 06/02/2017 10:13 by Surfer

I did try phoning during the day initially, but as no answer I suspected that they may be out working on the farm which is why I reverted to email.  If away on holiday why have a CL open all year?  Simple enough to post a message on your website stating that you are on holiday.  The CL in question does have a website.

Posted on 06/02/2017 10:17

Not sure that I would like to have a website with my name address and postcode along with details of when I am away from home. Bit of an invite to Burglar Bill I would feel.

IanH replied on 06/02/2017 20:17

Posted on 06/02/2017 20:17

Or they could just reply to your email while they are on holiday.

That's what I'd do if I was running a business.

lindaknighton replied on 18/06/2019 17:23

Posted on 18/06/2019 17:23

Anyone think it would be a good idea if there was a section where you could save your favourites like a little heart in the corner. You could browse through your favourite sites  As sometimes I see a site think that looks nice only to loose it again next time I'm booking ?

moulesy replied on 18/06/2019 17:42

Posted on 18/06/2019 17:23 by lindaknighton

Anyone think it would be a good idea if there was a section where you could save your favourites like a little heart in the corner. You could browse through your favourite sites  As sometimes I see a site think that looks nice only to loose it again next time I'm booking ?

Posted on 18/06/2019 17:42

Agree - I've lost count of the number of times I've read reviews of CLs and really fancied visiting, often in areas we wouldn't otherwise have thought of. I really must get organised and start that list I keep promising to make! smile

Tinwheeler replied on 18/06/2019 17:45

Posted on 18/06/2019 17:23 by lindaknighton

Posted on 18/06/2019 17:45

It would be a great idea if only the club's website could cope with it in a reliable fashion.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook