Blackpool to Port Appin

Marion Morgan replied on 14/02/2023 14:34

Posted on 14/02/2023 14:34

Hi

im heading to port appin in the summer with my caravan. We are going to spend a couple of nights in Lockerbie. 

anyone got advice on the best route to take from Lockerbie to port appin. 

many thanks 

Tinwheeler replied on 14/02/2023 16:36

Posted on 14/02/2023 16:36

If you check your map you will see there are two obvious routes to Crianlarich. I would definitely avoid the A82 Loch Lomond road and take the Stirling /Callender route instead using the M9 and A84.

Again you have a choice at Tyndrum of either via Connel or going north towards Glencoe. I suspect the latter on the A82 may be preferable but there’s not much in it.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/02/2023 18:28

Posted on 14/02/2023 18:28

I agree with TW about both routes. The Glencoe road is the more spectacular, one of my favourite journeys anywhere in this country, although there are more hills on the route compared to the Connel one.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook