Black Knowl, New Forest

harryb replied on 03/10/2021 18:05

Posted on 03/10/2021 18:05

I have received an email re my up coming visit to this site. I have copied it below.

This is just a heads up for anyone thinking of booking on after the 1st of Oct. For those already booked on then presumably you will have received the same email. It says they have announced it on the web site but I can't find it.

"Ahead of your arrival, we wanted to let you know that due to the deer rutting season, Forestry England have closed the gate at the top of Aldridge Hill, which is the access road to the campsite.

The gate will be closed from 1 October 2021 - 3 January 2022, and during this time entry is only permitted to Caravan and Motorhome Club members and guests staying at Black Knowl Club Campsite.

On arrival, please open the gate and ensure you close it securely behind you before continuing onto the campsite.

We have updated the Black Knowl site details page on our website with this information, but we wanted to let you know in advance to avoid any confusion on your arrival."

SeasideBill replied on 03/10/2021 19:13

Posted on 03/10/2021 19:13

That’s probably a good thing if it takes some vehicles off the narrow access road to the Black Knowl site. Aldridge Hill Campsite has been closed since early September so no implications there. Enjoy your trip.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook