Black Knowl, New Forest

Airgirl replied on 20/07/2024 19:15

Posted on 20/07/2024 19:15

We have just booked a 4 night stay at Black Knowl in the New Forest for this September.  We are returning to caravanning after a very long break and have a couple of questions that I am hoping you can help with.

Firstly, does anybody know what food vans call there on what nights please?  Would be useful in helping to plan our stay.

Also, does anyone know if it is ok to book a food delivery from Tesco/Sainsburys on the first afternoon of our stay.  Does the site allow this?  I have tried looking on the website but cannot find an answer!  Also tried calling the site a few times but cannot get any answer.

Many thanks for any help

RedKite replied on 22/07/2024 12:11

Posted on 22/07/2024 12:11

Contact the site staff late in the afternoon if possible and they will answer all your questions and welcome back to caravanning and enjoy your break.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/07/2024 12:18

Posted on 22/07/2024 12:18

Yes, there won’t be anyone in reception until after 1pm, and then they will be busy with new arrivals. 3 pm onwards should be a good time to phone site direct.

Cant help with the visiting food vans, not sure. Club doesn’t allow supermarket deliveries onto Club Sites, but there’s nothing stopping you having a delivery to the gate, and bagging stuff up back to your outfit. But best if a small order, and you will need to meet the delivery van as it arrives. You say you have a caravan, so you could pop to gates (outside) in your car with bags ready. I don’t think Brockenhurst is far away.

Cornersteady replied on 22/07/2024 14:17

Posted on 22/07/2024 14:17

The club does indeed allow supermarket deliveries, it's quite almost a daily occurrence but check with site staff before for the area.

g. Supermarket deliveries can be accepted by guests in the designated area identified by the site staff. Please make the site team aware of any expected delivery, however, they are unable to accept any deliveries on behalf of guests or make guests aware that their delivery has arrived. Deliveries to a pitch are not allowed on our campsites

DerekAndSusan replied on 22/07/2024 15:46

Posted on 22/07/2024 15:46

Greetings, BK does indeed have food vans, 

Monday: Burgers

Tuesday : Pizzas 

Wednesday: Fish and Chips (best you can get)

Friday : Chiili

Tesco Express and a CoOp are a half hour walk away from site.

Enjoy 

Takethedogalong replied on 23/07/2024 10:56

Posted on 22/07/2024 14:17 by Cornersteady

The club does indeed allow supermarket deliveries, it's quite almost a daily occurrence but check with site staff before for the area.

g. Supermarket deliveries can be accepted by guests in the designated area identified by the site staff. Please make the site team aware of any expected delivery, however, they are unable to accept any deliveries on behalf of guests or make guests aware that their delivery has arrived. Deliveries to a pitch are not allowed on our campsites

Posted on 23/07/2024 10:56

Thanks for the update on that one Corners. I didn’t know it had been changed, it was still no deliveries last time I was aware.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook