Be aware of this!

replied on 01/07/2024 09:21

Posted on 01/07/2024 09:21

We previously owned a caravan and had stayed at Beechwood Caravan park just on the outskirts of york a couple of years ago, the site was lovely!  after a year out we’ve  just purchased a motor home and decided to return to beechwood to try the motorhome out for a quick weekend as its only an hour away from home. We were previously CC members but I hadn’t  got around to rejoining, so just googled Beechwood, York and booked in.  On arriving the lovely lady, Val, said we weren’t  booked in with them and suggested we might be booked in Beechwood caravan park right next door!!!!

I called the number that had whatsapped me the details of our check in, and we were in fact actually booked in there!!  The site is NOT the same standard ( in fact far from it, terrible reviews on social media).  

This is completely misleading, both sites have exactly the same postcode and name.  Val was so helpful, she got us squeezed in and joined us back up with the caravan club straight away and we had a lovely weekend on Beechwood.  The site is 5*, quiet with lovely clean showers/toilets and great facilities.

I guess if we'd got round to rejoining the CAMC this wouldn’t  have happened but JUST BEWARE!!

Takethedogalong replied on 01/07/2024 09:58

Posted on 01/07/2024 09:58

Actually, they don’t have the same name. One is Beechwood Caravan Park, the other, Club Site,  is called Beechwood Grange. But at least it all got sorted for you.

peedee replied on 01/07/2024 11:34

Posted on 01/07/2024 11:34

The Club has changed several site names over the years, perhaps this one needs changing to make it more distinctive from the one nearby.

peedee

mickysf replied on 01/07/2024 16:16

Posted on 01/07/2024 09:58 by Takethedogalong

Actually, they don’t have the same name. One is Beechwood Caravan Park, the other, Club Site,  is called Beechwood Grange. But at least it all got sorted for you.

Posted on 01/07/2024 16:16

I think the official name of the C&MC site is York Beechwood Grange. The other is Beechwood Caravan Park York. Not that that helps much in the OPs confusion.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/07/2024 16:54

Posted on 01/07/2024 16:54

The Club don’t send booking confirmations by WhatsApp either, as far as I know. And everything is usually festooned with CAMC logos, two or three follow up emails, etc…. Easy enough mistake for someone to make though I suppose.

Tinwheeler replied on 01/07/2024 17:06

Posted on 01/07/2024 17:06

Obviously the OP knew the way to Beechwood Grange but, for the unwary, the directions say to ignore signs to the other site.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook