Alderstead Heath/ULEZ

trellis replied on 23/07/2023 11:23

Posted on 23/07/2023 11:23

I was looking at pitch prices for a potential trip there later in the year , then realised the site will be in the ULEZ zone that comes live next month so won't be going vehicle not compliant. What I did notice was there. Is no mention of ULEZ on the site page . Surely the club should keep the pages up to date , as there must be members who won't be aware of this and will happily go and book . There is a brief mention of LEZ . Have I missed something.

DavidKlyne replied on 23/07/2023 12:16

Posted on 23/07/2023 12:16

There is information on the Before you Travel page, linked from the site page, although not specifically to do with Alderstead Heath. There is a link to ULEZ which has a notice pointing out that the expansion starts on 29th August this year. (not sure if that will change given the recent by-elections?) They probably need to add the same as they have for Abbey Wood so I will report your post to Rowena so that she can pass the info on.

David

wellum1959 replied on 27/07/2023 09:17

Posted on 27/07/2023 09:17

It's been my impression that Alderstead Heath is sited outside of the existing LEZ and that the expansion of the ULEZ is to those existing boundries, therefore you should be able to plan a route to the site without going into the zone.

Looking at Google street view the present zone starts at a roundabout on the A23, just south of Coulsdon, which is a good bit north of the site. Documents and maps on the ULEZ website seem to back this up.

Obviously do your own research, but it seems to me the site wont be affected.

Mike

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook