9m motorhome on Club sites

BrianCain replied on 01/09/2022 20:39

Posted on 01/09/2022 20:39

Hello CAMC!

I’ve just bought a new (to me) Motorhome (Swift Kontiki 650) which is 9m long. Is there any general rule on the size of Motorhome allowed on club sites or do I need to search each one to find out if there are any that do allow Motorhome’s of my size? It seems that a limit in the booking app is 8m but I don’t know if I’m just being unlucky and choosing badly?

Many thanks for any advice!

Brian

Tinwheeler replied on 01/09/2022 20:49

Posted on 01/09/2022 20:49

Each site has a size limit and as far as I know you’ll need to check each one individually.

You'll also be best to ring each site a few days prior to arrival to alert the warden to your unit size as you’ll probably have little or no choice of pitch and find one allocated to you.

peedee replied on 02/09/2022 06:40

Posted on 02/09/2022 06:40

If there is a size limit,ring the site you want to use to book to see if they can fit you in. Some maybe able to inspite of a published limit.

peedee

RedKite replied on 02/09/2022 09:13

Posted on 02/09/2022 09:13

If you have a site directory you will find all sites listed page 32 sites at a glance  and there is a column 5th one from the end  of the page for what size of outfits as a general guide and that will save you looking for each site on the web, hope this helps.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/09/2022 09:23

Posted on 02/09/2022 09:23

I have seen large American RV type vehicles on some sites. The advertised length accepted will generally be to do with pitch length but also to do with access around the site. I suspect most sites have the capability to accept longer units but only on a limited number of pitches so as others say best to contact the site you are interested in direct. When you book you have to flag up the length of the vehicle, what I don't know is if the system rejects over length ones?

David

Takethedogalong replied on 02/09/2022 10:59

Posted on 02/09/2022 10:59

The Racecourse Sites are favourites for those with big long outfits, we have seen some absolute whoppa’s, complete with dual slide out sides on these. We were parked up next to a very big MH at Rowntree Park a couple of years ago. Staff insisted the owner parked it at an angle, which he did, but it was on a convenient pitch anyway, and didn’t stick out into the site roadways. No idea how he got out, YRP is a bit of a shuffle driving round to get out even with our little outfit. And he definitely won’t have used the MH drive over waste point!😁

Seen very big MH’s on CLs as well, just needs good communication with owners👍

BrianCain replied on 02/09/2022 12:25

Posted on 02/09/2022 12:25

Thanks everyone! 

I'll need to do some better research into the sites I want to use and I'm hearing that communication with the site a few days prior to arrival is really important.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook