£264.22 for a single night?

dennisd replied on 23/05/2023 11:00

Posted on 23/05/2023 11:00

I've put up with the  club's new booking site and just lived with it, despite thinking it's the poorest web site I've ever used. Unfortunately,  in my opinion, it's reached a new low. I  booked Warwick Race Course for one night , 29th June then  tried to book another site for the following days and the message comes up that I've already booked for those dates. Checked "my booking"s and Warwick Race Course comes up as booked from 29th June until 6th July , open "view bookings" and it comes up as 29th June ( one night) as I want ,  but total cost £264.22. What next , an hour waiting to get through on the phone  to clear it up or just cancel the lot? Somebody needs to have a good look at this booking site, it's not fit for purpose.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/05/2023 12:17

Posted on 23/05/2023 11:00 by dennisd

I've put up with the  club's new booking site and just lived with it, despite thinking it's the poorest web site I've ever used. Unfortunately,  in my opinion, it's reached a new low. I  booked Warwick Race Course for one night , 29th June then  tried to book another site for the following days and the message comes up that I've already booked for those dates. Checked "my booking"s and Warwick Race Course comes up as booked from 29th June until 6th July , open "view bookings" and it comes up as 29th June ( one night) as I want ,  but total cost £264.22. What next , an hour waiting to get through on the phone  to clear it up or just cancel the lot? Somebody needs to have a good look at this booking site, it's not fit for purpose.

Posted on 23/05/2023 12:17

Dennis, we had a similar problem last year, before this new booking system came in, centring around booking a night at one site (Marazion), leaving, and arriving at another (Exeter) for the same evening. For some reason the system would not let me put Exeter in, telling me I was already booked into a site that date. I ended up having to use Live Chat. That got me the Exeter night, but we ended up not being booked in for our final night at Marazion, only finding out at 11.30 am when the warden came across to make sure we were leaving! We weren’t best pleased I can assure you, but thankfully helpful staff at Marazion found us a pitch, but we had to move 20 metres. So the leaving one Club Site to arrive on another the same day issue possibly pre dates the new booking system.

We don’t have these issues now, we simply gave up using Club Sites and now use a variety of other sites. Whatever you do, check any help you get from the Club and that all your dates are covered.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook