Which Weather App do you use for touring ?

JimE replied on 07/01/2024 15:34

Posted on 07/01/2024 15:34

We usually like to have a touring holiday rather than staying in one place for an extended period.  To make the best of things we keep an eye on the weather forecast and move on if it looks unfavourable.

I've tried a variety of apps in the past but so often, they seem to generalise on weather conditions and are not specific to the local area we are visiting - that is, until I tried Ventusky.

It proved to be very reliable all over France last autumn and having used it at home for the past few months, I have been very impressed by its accuracy.  I particularly like the ability to zoom in - the timing of when rain arrives is surprising good.

What is your favourite weather app ?

eribaMotters replied on 07/01/2024 16:48

Posted on 07/01/2024 16:48

My lovely other half uses what came on her i-phone, which seems OK, but I'll try and load the Ventusky onto my tablet for when we are travelling.

In the UK I have only used the BBC Weather website on my laptop. When we lived in Essex I found it extremely accurate. We then moved to Merseyside where it performed poorly as in Devon where we now live.

I can only assume this is because the majority of our weather comes from the west. When in Essex the system had picked up lots of data from the land based weather stations that the weather had to travel through. Near the coast on Merseyside and in Devon this is obviously not possible.

Colin 

DaveCyn replied on 07/01/2024 20:56

Posted on 07/01/2024 20:56

I tend to find that looking out the window or stepping outside provides the most accurate forecast!

iansoady replied on 09/01/2024 10:36

Posted on 09/01/2024 10:36

I usually buy a local newspaper when I get the morning baguette and croissant and use their forecasts. They're generally pretty good.

LLM replied on 09/01/2024 11:17

Posted on 09/01/2024 11:17

Always reliable.  The old ones that is! 😂  Alternatively the Met Office app.

eurortraveller replied on 09/01/2024 11:25

Posted on 09/01/2024 11:25

I looked on line at Magic Seaweed now and then - just because I liked the name - but alas it has gone.  It was sold and transferred from Devon to America.last year.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook