Via Michelin Update!

selawman replied on 26/07/2024 17:53

Posted on 26/07/2024 17:53

Couldn’t see it posted anywhere so, just for information I have updated my Via Michelin app and the caravan option is back 👍

eurortraveller replied on 26/07/2024 18:11

Posted on 26/07/2024 17:53 by selawman

Couldn’t see it posted anywhere so, just for information I have updated my Via Michelin app and the caravan option is back 👍

Posted on 26/07/2024 18:11

Do you mean it gives separate routes for caravans? I see no evidence of that .

Or do you mean that they simply increase the timings they claim to be possible, and give  a class 2 toll cost as well as for class 1.?  

Frankly some of their suggested routes are ridiculous for towing a caravan.

eribaMotters replied on 27/07/2024 09:50

Posted on 27/07/2024 09:50

At last it is back, and also on the website. I do not believe it gives separate routes for caravans, just increases the travel time. Even in it's new format, that I do not find as user friendly, I still find it useful as the on road times are generally accurate and the toll costings function help you find an alternative and less costly option.

Colin

eurortraveller replied on 27/07/2024 16:19

Posted on 27/07/2024 16:19

It’s back , but peddling nonsense. Take the route Via Michelin suggests for towing a caravan from Looe to Tintagel - both have Club sites so visitors may be caught out.  But those of us who know that route wouldn’t dream of towing a caravan that way. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook