Trouble booking on club website

FishingMan replied on 09/01/2024 19:36

Posted on 09/01/2024 19:36

We've booked ferry crossing for many years on the Club website. This week it doesn't seem to be working and no quotes are coming up. Have tried Brave and Chrome search engines with no difference. Also different crossings/dates/times etc. 

Can't find a number to phone on the website either. Want to look at our alternatives online without the more difficult option of using the phone, and paying to book that way.

Is anyone else having problems? 

SteveL replied on 10/01/2024 08:19

Posted on 10/01/2024 08:19

Tried out of interest and it’s working OK this morning on my iPad using safari. Put in dates for a booking that I have already made direct with BF. Price that came up was less but no indication as to whether fully flexible as I have with my direct booking. Personally much prefer to book direct, even if it does cost more. The fact that the club are not contactable over weekends / bank holidays if you need to make an urgent change puts me off.

eribaMotters replied on 10/01/2024 11:34

Posted on 10/01/2024 11:34

I booked a site on the Il de Oleron yesterday through the club site. No problems, It was a little cheaper than using ACSI going direct with the site.

I'm on a Laptop using Microsoft Edge.

Colin

replied on 10/01/2024 19:53

Posted on 10/01/2024 19:53

The user and all related content has been deleted

ClubMemberE568F66546 replied on 11/01/2024 17:54

Posted on 11/01/2024 17:54

I am a new member and have been trying to book Ferries to NI & France.. Each time the cost comes out higher through the club website. Somewhat disillusioned as the club advertises discounted rates. What I am finding is actually a premium not a discount. Am i the only one?

Am i doing something wrong?  Should the club maybe be issuing a discount code for use on the Ferry company websites instead of having their own booking system?

lesandang replied on 03/02/2024 13:58

Posted on 03/02/2024 13:58

Really good to find the Club up and running again. Just worth noting though that the club's fares on P&O are not reflecting P&O's early booking discounts. There is a substantial difference in the two. 

ValDa replied on 05/02/2024 05:09

Posted on 10/01/2024 19:53 by

Quoting SteveL above: The fact that the club are not contactable over weekends / bank holidays if you need to make an urgent change puts me off.

Totally agree. We were away when a close family member passed away. We made a fast run for Calais (P&O crossing) but it was a weekend. P&O refused to deal with us; Club office closed. What was a distressing and upsetting time was made even more stressful: just what you don’t need in those circumstances. Since then, we have booked directly with the operator.

(partly) Quoting eribaMotters above: I booked a site on the Il de Oleron yesterday through the club site…. It was a little cheaper than using ACSI going direct with the site.

I am intrigued as, as far as I can see, the Club deals with one site only on the Île d'Oléron, and the website quotes a price “From £17.39” The Acsi rate is €17.

Posted on 05/02/2024 05:09

That happened to us, too, when my Mum died suddenly on a Friday, before a Bank Holiday.  We couldn't get through to 'The Club', until Tuesday when the office re-opened, and the ferry operator wouldn't talk to us at all. It did put us off booking through a Club who purports to provide a travel service to members and yet only works a five days, office hours schedule and since then we've always booked our ferries direct with the operator.  

Additionally, some discounts are only available to those booking direct - such as the 20% discount available to over 60s on the Newhaven/Dieppe DFDS crossings.

hitchglitch replied on 05/02/2024 08:04

Posted on 05/02/2024 05:09 by ValDa

That happened to us, too, when my Mum died suddenly on a Friday, before a Bank Holiday.  We couldn't get through to 'The Club', until Tuesday when the office re-opened, and the ferry operator wouldn't talk to us at all. It did put us off booking through a Club who purports to provide a travel service to members and yet only works a five days, office hours schedule and since then we've always booked our ferries direct with the operator.  

Additionally, some discounts are only available to those booking direct - such as the 20% discount available to over 60s on the Newhaven/Dieppe DFDS crossings.

Posted on 05/02/2024 08:04

Have to agree with ValDa. We stopped booking the tunnel through the Club because we nearly always change our return date whilst away and doing this via the Club is rather difficult.

young thomas replied on 05/02/2024 08:28

Posted on 05/02/2024 08:04 by hitchglitch

Have to agree with ValDa. We stopped booking the tunnel through the Club because we nearly always change our return date whilst away and doing this via the Club is rather difficult.

Posted on 05/02/2024 08:28

Same here for the same reasons....you can't be in the leisure business and not be available when most customers are 'at leisure'..👎

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook