Touring in a 2006 Adria

rugchucker replied on 22/03/2023 07:16

Posted on 22/03/2023 07:16

Hi I'm going to France in June and was wondering if I need  Crit Air sticker. Is it any use with a vehicle that has no Euro classification or emissions status???? Its a Fiat Ducato 2000cc diesel 3400kg gross weight.  Adria Coral S573DS.2006 model. 56 reg.

peedee replied on 22/03/2023 10:43

Posted on 22/03/2023 10:43

Don't know whether it is worth it or not. However, the cost of getting one is not great and I think they would use the age of the vehicle from your V5 to determine classification. On balance I think i would apply for a sticker but whatever you decide you might find >this App< useful for helping you avoid trouble.

peedee

RedKite replied on 22/03/2023 22:03

Posted on 22/03/2023 22:03

You can wander around quite a lot of France without needing a sticker, but there are places where they are absolutely required. Some areas are declared as ZFE (low emission zones) and only lower values of crit air are allowed to be there. There are no exceptions for country of vehicle registration. Pollution rules are changing, and if there is chance that you will stray into a sticker required area, then it makes sense to have one. As noted above, from the official site, they are cheap enough, and the site is available in English. A tip, use the English version, not a Google translate of the French version. Things are a bit slow at the moment, so get your application in now ready for June. Have a digital copy of your V5 ready to submit with your application. You can play with the simulator on the web site, but you will get what they determine from your application and the V5 regardless.

There are gantry cameras checking in ZFE areas, and the French plod carry card machines.

Enjoy your trip.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook