Santander to aranjuez

taph replied on 21/02/2023 19:00

Posted on 21/02/2023 19:00

Hi

Arriving at Santander at 1330 late May and travelling to the Med with first major stop at Aranjuez but will have to overnight on route. First option is Camping Fuentes Blancas at Burgos but the reviews are not that good so hopefully we can reach Riaza. Has anyone made this trip, Michelin says 200 miles 4 hours. As we are landing with no food is the supermarket well stocked and open evenings. I will have to contact site about reception being open as we will hopefully arrive around 1900. Arriving late we would use the restuarant ??.

Greatfull for any help.

John 

eurortraveller replied on 21/02/2023 19:24

Posted on 21/02/2023 19:24

1. Why are you landing with no food? Surely you will take what you need for your first evening meal - and breakfast the next morning.

2. The Burgos site is a perfectly acceptable overnight stop and you can get there from Santander in about 2.5 hours 

3.If your arrival or disembarkation are delayed you can stop overnight at a Santander campsite such as Virgen del Mar or Cabo Mayor - provided you don’t have a dog.

Tammygirl replied on 21/02/2023 19:39

Posted on 21/02/2023 19:39

The 30+ hour ferry crossing is a bit of a nuisance re taking food with you but you could do what we did and freeze containers of juice and milk and spread them around in your fridge. This will take more than 24 hrs to gradually thaw, so if you had a pre cooked meal frozen it would have just thawed out by the time you get on site.

The Burgos campsite is much better in the good weather. We last stayed there at the end of November 2022, the ground was soft but OK. The facilities are dated but clean, the worst thing about the site is the ehu points, a bit ropey.

It's a very popular site and Burgos is definitely worth a look around. There is a Lidl and Mercadonna within easy reach of the site they don't close until late. 

The restaurant outside the site is popular although we have never used it. 

replied on 21/02/2023 19:49

Posted on 21/02/2023 19:49

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 21/02/2023 20:17

Posted on 21/02/2023 20:17

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 21/02/2023 20:46

Posted on 21/02/2023 20:46

The user and all related content has been deleted

Rufs replied on 22/02/2023 09:12

Posted on 22/02/2023 09:12

Camping Fuentes Blancas is situated in a very large beautiful park, ideal if you have a dog and the site is close to a reasonably priced vets and a couple of good supermarkets, and i am, sure in May it will be just fine, however, I was there this January on my way home via Santander, temp -5 degs when i arrived, was staying 3 days, i like to leave plenty of time to get from a to b in the winter months just in case there is snow around, so arrived early from Aranjuez , ground was frozen solid so no problem, all pitches are grass, next 2 days temp rose above freezing and it rained solid, site turned into a lake, lots of MH's all heading for Santander, but they were all parked up on the tarmac roads making it very difficult to make an early exit, i knocked 2 people up and asked them to move so that i could leave without going on the grass, at least 2 MH,s stuck and the site does not seem to have any tractors available to tow people out.

EHU;s are only 10 amp so very difficult to use electric heating, facilities block was icy cold.

2. The Burgos site is a perfectly acceptable overnight stop and you can get there from Santander in about 2.5 hours

if travelling during the winter months i would plan on 4 hrs, especially if towing a caravan the road from Burgos to Santander can be a bit dodgy with ice and snow

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook