Red Pennant 2022

harryb replied on 08/09/2021 17:06

Posted on 08/09/2021 17:06

Knowing that we will both be over 70 next year I thought I would enquire on line for a quote.

First question was straight forward, dates of travel. 23/5/22

The rest of the form was also straight forward and took about 5 mins. All done I clicked on SEND. Up popped a warning, "Sorry, we cannot currently provide quotes for policies which have a trip date starting after 31/12/2021." 

Why couldn't they say that when the first date was put in. What a waste of time.

Bakers2 replied on 08/09/2021 17:41

Posted on 08/09/2021 17:41

Ain't tech great?? 

I've had another, several tries over the weekend, similar tussle on the Eon website. Weekend message was incorrect info to find account. Several times set myself up with new password to get the message 'whoops something wrong with our website well fix as soon as we can' 😤😡.

Today I succeed in logging on - find my account is estimated - we have smart meters! Online chat very offhand and took 20 minutes with reply delays. Something wrong with your smart meter ring this number. Ignored my question about changing tariff.

Eventually found a telephone number for Eon not smart meter number. Lovely lady, so patient, after holding on for ages, still I got the washing in and folded now we're not tied by a cord 😉. Arranged a meter reading with a time slot! Put a complaint forward on my behalf re online chat and non working smart meter. Didn't manage to pass me to the tariff section she got cut off, so it's not just Joe Public! She rang me back twice so I didn't have to start again. Has asked tariff crew to phone me and will call on Friday to check they have. That  we'll wait and see 🤞. And she credited £10 onto my account for hassle. Still took an hour of my time to sort verbally.

Oh for the days of simple things and talking to a human....... one price for gas and electricity one supplier for each!

GTrimmer replied on 19/09/2023 21:13

Posted on 19/09/2023 21:13

I wanted a quote for next year (2024) and today I got the message "Sorry, we cannot currently provide quotes for policies which have a trip date starting after 31/12/2023."

Would someone be repared to explain why ?

jennyc replied on 21/09/2023 00:05

Posted on 21/09/2023 00:05

I’m not sure about the 31/12/23 block, but we used red pennant earlier on this year, without problems. So it was working and now you find that it isn’t. It sounds like someone has ’improved’ the application without checking that they have made things worse.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook