Older Campervan and Emmision Control Problems.

TheStens19 replied on 17/06/2024 19:01

Posted on 17/06/2024 19:01

We are experienced caravanner( member for over 30 years) but are in the early stages of looking at the pros and cons of a camper van - a conversion based on Ducato?sprinter or similar. We dont want to spend a fortune so were looking at vans over 15 years old. In you experience have you had difficulty getting emission stickers for Europe. I know there is a sticky relating to this but links dont seem to be working.

Thanks

eurortraveller replied on 17/06/2024 19:58

Posted on 17/06/2024 19:58

You only need emission stickers for certain large cities in France.The list is on line. It’s easy to avoid those cities and have a touring holiday in France without trouble.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/06/2024 21:52

Posted on 17/06/2024 19:01 by TheStens19

We are experienced caravanner( member for over 30 years) but are in the early stages of looking at the pros and cons of a camper van - a conversion based on Ducato?sprinter or similar. We dont want to spend a fortune so were looking at vans over 15 years old. In you experience have you had difficulty getting emission stickers for Europe. I know there is a sticky relating to this but links dont seem to be working.

Thanks

Posted on 17/06/2024 21:52

Thanks for the heads up about the non working links, when I have a moment I will remedy that. 

Even with the stickers you could still be restricted with vehicles with older Euro rated engines. If your intention is to stay away from larger towns and cities it won't be an issue. However if you want to visit larger towns and cities it could be restrictive.

There are lots of vlogs on YouTube from people who have converted vans into camper vans. Depending on the van you go for and how many miles it has done you might be better looking at older motorhomes, including PVC's as the mileage won't be anywhere near as high, just a thought.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook