LPG adapters Spain

ScreenName63318E1180 replied on 08/07/2022 14:35

Posted on 08/07/2022 14:35

Afternoon all .... two newbies here who've just recently bought an older van and are planning to head off to Spain for a few weeks in late August.

However, we're in need of a little advice. Our van doesn't come with refillable gas bottles for the habitation area. We have the Gaslow system whereby we refill the bottle direct from an LPG pump.

I've recently heard that we may need an adapter for use on the continent (specifically Spain in our case).

Is that true? If so, where would I be able to buy one? Finally, I assume that finding an LPG pump in Spain won't be a huge issue? That's not the case in our part of the UK as we've recently learned!

Grateful for any advice.

replied on 08/07/2022 14:39

Posted on 08/07/2022 14:35 by ScreenName63318E1180

Afternoon all .... two newbies here who've just recently bought an older van and are planning to head off to Spain for a few weeks in late August.

However, we're in need of a little advice. Our van doesn't come with refillable gas bottles for the habitation area. We have the Gaslow system whereby we refill the bottle direct from an LPG pump.

I've recently heard that we may need an adapter for use on the continent (specifically Spain in our case).

Is that true? If so, where would I be able to buy one? Finally, I assume that finding an LPG pump in Spain won't be a huge issue? That's not the case in our part of the UK as we've recently learned!

Grateful for any advice.

Posted on 08/07/2022 14:39

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 08/07/2022 19:08

Posted on 08/07/2022 19:08

DD has shown what you need to buy but make sure it is not fitted with a none return valve.  I believe the Gaslow ones are? The reason I am pointing this out is many of the Spanish pumps do not produce enough pressure to open the none retun valve. It is therefore better to have one without the none return valve. I think I got mine from Autogas.

peedee

replied on 08/07/2022 19:12

Posted on 08/07/2022 19:08 by peedee

DD has shown what you need to buy but make sure it is not fitted with a none return valve.  I believe the Gaslow ones are? The reason I am pointing this out is many of the Spanish pumps do not produce enough pressure to open the none retun valve. It is therefore better to have one without the none return valve. I think I got mine from Autogas.

peedee

Posted on 08/07/2022 19:12

replied on 08/07/2022 19:18

Posted on 08/07/2022 19:18

replied on 08/07/2022 19:43

Posted on 08/07/2022 19:43

peedee replied on 08/07/2022 19:59

Posted on 08/07/2022 19:59

Neither am I hence the question mark but it would make sense given the different fill systems and from a safety point of view.

peedee

cyberyacht replied on 09/07/2022 08:07

Posted on 09/07/2022 08:07

I have a Safefill bottle which like the OP, is a direct fill type. It does have a NRV, although I never rely on it, turning the bottle off if not connected to the pigtail. My collection of adapters do not have any valves within them and recently utilised the dish version of the adapter to refill whilst in France. I would imagine that Gaslow direct fill cylinders operate in the same way. I am unable to comment on the pressure level of Spanish pumps but would imagine that any problem may have been an isolated incident.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook