Lake Garda late June 2024

Mark15365 replied on 11/01/2024 08:15

Posted on 11/01/2024 08:15

Hi fellow CAMC members.

Looking to stay for around 3 nights around Garda in late June this year, then go to Venice Pisa/Rome. (Probably get a train into Rome from Pisa).

I have about 25 days off work so will need to do some long driving periods!!

If anyone can give me details of decent campsites for Lake Garda it would be appreciated, even more so if you have stayed there in the last year! A lot of the discussion threads are getting quite old now.

We carry a small Vespa on the rear of our Ducato Camper, so have supplemetary transport when we get to a site.

Something clos enough to small villages/towns for eating out etc.

Not fussed for the Giant Campsites but must have a pool. Doesnt have to be on the Lake Front but nice views would be great.

I am waiting for my ACSI book that i ordered from the CAMC,  but not all sites are in it.

Also if the CAMC have any sites that they are partnered with that might be a good way to go.

peedee replied on 11/01/2024 08:49

Posted on 11/01/2024 08:49

I much prefer the east side of the lake and quite like the area around Bardolino. There are several campsites along the lakeside there and it has a nice waterfront between there and Garda. I have used Camping La Rocca. It used to be an ACSI site, perhaps still is, but the ACSI pitches are the inferior ones. It is and easy traffic free walk along the lakeside into Garda  from there where you can catch the lake ferries. In either direction along the lakeside there are plenty of cafes/restaurants.

Here is what I wrote in my notes:

A large sloping full facility site located on both sides of the road. The lakeside area is the touring area, statics are located on the terraced hillside across the main road as is the swimming pool and sports facilities and both areas are linked via an underpass. We found driving around the touring area in our large motorhome very tricky due to the trees which line the narrow avenues. Three sizes of pitches are available and the 50 allocated to the ACSI discount scheme are the smaller less accessible ones. Nevertheless they were in much demand. There is an onsite supermarket but we thought it poorly stocked. There are two facility blocks, the one by the ACSI pitches looks the newer and is excellent whilst the one at the opposite end of the site near the super pitches is slightly more jaded. The lakeside cycleway runs past the front of the site and can be accessed via side gates. Bardolino's center is about 1 -½ miles away and Garda slightly closer at one mile. Lakeside cafes and restaurants are closer still. WiFi is available and 5 hours access costs 4 euros.

peedee

commeyras replied on 11/01/2024 11:07

Posted on 11/01/2024 11:07

Mark.  I see that you also have another post running on your trip to Garda.  It might be easier for all if you just had one.  I realise one is route and the other sites but posts tend to wander a little and I am sure your route post will soon morph into a site post - just happens on this forum!  Sites on Garda tend to be large and with small pitches; I have stayed at Camping Cisano and that certainly is the case there!

Mark15365 replied on 11/01/2024 16:58

Posted on 11/01/2024 08:49 by peedee

I much prefer the east side of the lake and quite like the area around Bardolino. There are several campsites along the lakeside there and it has a nice waterfront between there and Garda. I have used Camping La Rocca. It used to be an ACSI site, perhaps still is, but the ACSI pitches are the inferior ones. It is and easy traffic free walk along the lakeside into Garda  from there where you can catch the lake ferries. In either direction along the lakeside there are plenty of cafes/restaurants.

Here is what I wrote in my notes:

A large sloping full facility site located on both sides of the road. The lakeside area is the touring area, statics are located on the terraced hillside across the main road as is the swimming pool and sports facilities and both areas are linked via an underpass. We found driving around the touring area in our large motorhome very tricky due to the trees which line the narrow avenues. Three sizes of pitches are available and the 50 allocated to the ACSI discount scheme are the smaller less accessible ones. Nevertheless they were in much demand. There is an onsite supermarket but we thought it poorly stocked. There are two facility blocks, the one by the ACSI pitches looks the newer and is excellent whilst the one at the opposite end of the site near the super pitches is slightly more jaded. The lakeside cycleway runs past the front of the site and can be accessed via side gates. Bardolino's center is about 1 -½ miles away and Garda slightly closer at one mile. Lakeside cafes and restaurants are closer still. WiFi is available and 5 hours access costs 4 euros.

peedee

Posted on 11/01/2024 16:58

Hi Peedee,

Very informative information and i thank you for taking the time for all your advice.

Your review is very comprehensive which is what other campers really need.

Thanks 

Mark

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook