Holland, June 2022

eribaMotters replied on 24/06/2022 08:44

Posted on 24/06/2022 08:44

Where is everybody? We sailed out to NE France on June 6th and spent 5 nights at Buzancy. Just 3 x UK Caravans on site. Next Gulpen in NL for 7 nights, no UK on site. Currently near Epe in NL and after 6 nights no other UK on site. We also have not seen one UK vehicle on the roads.

Colin

DavidKlyne replied on 24/06/2022 10:16

Posted on 24/06/2022 10:16

Colin

Your experience in Holland is little different to our own in previous years. You could probably add Germany and Austria to your list as well. There will be sites like Delftse Hout and Koningshof where you are likely to get a greater number of Brits because they are sites most often promoted by organisations such as the CMC in the UK? Perhaps there is still a hang over from Brexit/Covid which is making people think twice. I did see a photo on a Facebook Group of someone on a ferry which was all but empty. I suppose we might get an indication from the Club as to how well overseas touring is recovering from the last few years at the AGM?

David

eurortraveller replied on 24/06/2022 10:53

Posted on 24/06/2022 10:53

Glad things are going well for you Colin. Those sound interesting places. And where next? Perhaps across the big dike from Lelystad to Enkhuisen to visit the open air museum there? 

eribaMotters replied on 24/06/2022 14:28

Posted on 24/06/2022 14:28

That could be one to investigate. We went to the Kroller-Muller art gallery yesterday in the Veluwe National Park. Next week we are moving on, staying at the Delftse Hout site.

Whever we go we keep on looking at caravan dealers when out for the day. The all electric Knaus Sport E Power has caught SWMBO eye. 

Colin

Wherenext replied on 24/06/2022 14:55

Posted on 24/06/2022 14:55

Colin, I spent over 5 weeks in the Netherlands in May/June and didn't see another UK caravan or Motorhome until we got to the Hook of Holland ferry terminal coming home. There was about 5 but outnumbered by Dutch and German units coming to the UK.

I was quite happy as the Dutch were, as usual, very amenable.

replied on 24/06/2022 18:08

Posted on 24/06/2022 18:08

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Keithie replied on 27/06/2022 21:29

Posted on 27/06/2022 21:29

Just back from a five week trip to Croatia only came across two British vans, only started to see more on the way back up through Austria/Germany/Nederlands I think the cost of fuel might be putting people off...?

allanandjean replied on 28/06/2022 06:06

Posted on 28/06/2022 06:06

Currently in Italy by Garda and have also noticed a lack of UK reg vehicles in the last three weeks.

The ferry over seemed to be quite busy but, as usual, we soon seemed to be on our own.

Fist stop of a few days in Annecy noticed one Brit and at Lago Trasimeno saw just three over 12 days, including fellow CT user Commeyras who introduced himself.

On the 200 mile drive yesterday saw no Brits and none here on site noticed so far.

replied on 28/06/2022 07:52

Posted on 28/06/2022 07:52

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 28/06/2022 09:12

Posted on 28/06/2022 09:12

"I think the cost of fuel might be putting people off...?"

you could be right, even in Spain diesel was over €2 euro's a litre and seemed to be increasing daily, when topping up you are spending €80 euro's plus each time it does make you stop and think and maybe not press so hard with the right foot. Some of this is off set by the fact that the overall the cost of living in Spain is still cheaper than the UK but the margin is decreasing, but the trek from the ferry to Southern Spain is now something to be considered in terms of cost, especially if you have a thirsty MH or are towing a large caravan.

Tammygirl replied on 28/06/2022 11:01

Posted on 28/06/2022 11:01

We've also not long returned from 6 weeks in France. Hardly saw a Brit on sites, a few while travelling but nowhere near the usual. 

It was the same last Sept/Oct which I did expect.

Most of the sites we were on were busy but not full.

I agree with AD the French were out in force. For a change they outnumbered the Dutch on site, the only place we saw lots of them was in the Loire at Blois.

I wonder what it will be like come Sept/Oct this year. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook