Getting around Madrid

Tightlines28 replied on 17/05/2022 17:27

Posted on 17/05/2022 17:27

Hi 

In a few weeks will be heading south from Monte holiday towards Cordoba.

Any suggestions as to how I should circumnavigate my way through/around Madrid.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

TobyLeeds replied on 17/05/2022 20:56

Posted on 17/05/2022 20:56

It’s easy, although busy, to go straight through the middle of Madrid. Coming down the A1 follow the M30 - this takes you through the centre. Try not to sit in the near side lane as periodically there are junctions off. There is a speed limit. The A3 peals off to Valencia You will pick up the signs for Cordoba and the A4. At the bottom of the M30 be careful to get in the correct lane as it is a bit of a chicane.

it is well signed - but as I say - busy so try to avoid peak periods. Don’t take the pay motorways - they save little time.

it takes about half an hour on a good run to cross Madrid. The site at Aranjuez, about 60km south of Madrid, is quiet and the town centre is an easy walk and worth a visit

replied on 17/05/2022 21:17

Posted on 17/05/2022 21:17

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook