Posted on 22/07/2024 07:32

morning

after many years staying at montloue near mellac very sad to see it close

has anyone managed to find similar sites in brittany 

thankyou 

brian

eurortraveller replied on 22/07/2024 08:45

Posted on 22/07/2024 08:45

I think that was a site with English owners just catering for English visitors - I believe that others of that type have small ads in the club magazine.

eurortraveller replied on 22/07/2024 09:09

Posted on 22/07/2024 09:09

PS But there are of course quite a lot of small sites with French owners and French holiday makers - one example is Camping a La ferme de Tuchennou at Brasparts - simple camping with six pitches but quite different in style from the one you mentioned.

ValDa replied on 22/07/2024 10:47

Posted on 22/07/2024 10:47

According to UKCS reviews the Admin in charge reported that it was closed in 2020 for camping pitches.

Why not be radical and try a more typically French site, in Brittany?  You may find you love it just as much (or like many of us) even more.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/07/2024 20:36

Posted on 22/07/2024 20:36

I think that back in the 80/90's a lot of people were moving to France either to live or to buy second homes. A handful of people also opened campsites, some small CL type and some larger. I imagine that some of the larger sites have been sold to new French owners. This happen to one site we stayed on which had English owners and another one we stayed at was just closed. (We didn't particularly seek out English owned sites but sometimes they were in the right place for where we wanted to be) Of whatever type the Owners would be getting on now and unless their children decided to carry on many of those French/English sites will have disappeared. Obviously with Brexit it's not so easy to go and live in France as it once was so I suspect any that remain are few and far between. Best to follow up ValD's suggestion above.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook