Favourite sites in Croatia plse

JCinBath replied on 16/07/2024 09:35

Posted on 16/07/2024 09:35

Have never been to Croatia in our Motorhome and feel daunted by the size of the sites. Looking to stay in the northern provinces and prefer peace and quiet. The constant reference to dog friendly beaches freaks me out, images of constant barking on sites comes to mind! Any recommendations gratefully received.

JimE replied on 16/07/2024 10:04

Posted on 16/07/2024 10:04

Try Camping Ježevac - it's on the coast of the island of Krk.

We stayed there for 2 weeks pre-covid and had a very pleasant stay.  The site has good facilities with a choice of eateries and entertainment and you can choose a shaded or sunny pitch.  The town of Krk is a 15 minute stroll away.

BTW, we took our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (who rarely barks) and when we visted in mid-September, the site was full but we experienced very few barking dogs.

peedee replied on 16/07/2024 10:46

Posted on 16/07/2024 10:46

It perhaps depends on the time of year you intend to go but we have never been bothered by dogs barking or otherwise. In fact the times we have been there we have most definitely seen less dogs on sites than Club sites. There are very many good campsite in Northern Croatia especially on the  coast of Istria. We stayed at Camping Jezevac over the 2023 May bank holiday, very busy but no dogs to worry about just electric scooters wizzing about! A site we particularly liked on the coast of Istria was Camping Polari. We had intended to return this year but events have dictated otherwise. If you want to read about our visits to Croatia visit my website >here<

peedee

peedee replied on 16/07/2024 11:04

Posted on 16/07/2024 11:04

JCinBath, what length is your motorhome, we found pitches a bit tight at Camping Jezevac unless you paid a higher price for the pitches on the seafront?

peedee

peedee replied on 16/07/2024 13:22

Posted on 16/07/2024 13:22

I am not a lover of shady pitches Jim with overhanging branches, especially pines. I opted for one off the main road, not the quitest but easy to get on and off. I still only just managed to fit my 8 meter van on it. Both the Campsites we have mentioned were in the ACSI discount system. Jezevac worked out at £24p.n. and Polari £21p.n. Polari had better facilities and was a level site but a 3 mile scenic bike ride along the coastal cycleway into Rovinj.

I have dug out some of my photos.

1. Pitch at Camping Jezevac

2. Campsite from Krk waterside

3. Pitch at Polari ready for King Charle's corination on Sky News

4. Sea front view at Polari

5. Cycleway to Rovinj

peedee

peedee replied on 16/07/2024 15:44

Posted on 16/07/2024 15:44

Reading some of my notes led me to >this site<. If is smaller sites you want there 10 sites listed in Istria. I have never stayed on any of them so cannot give you any indication what they are like. Have a look at SearchForSites, maybe there are some reviews of these there?

peedee

JimE replied on 16/07/2024 16:23

Posted on 16/07/2024 16:23

" I am not a lover of shady pitches Jim with overhanging branches, especially pines."

I am, especially when the temperature is touching 30°C at Ježevac   It was nearly 40°C at Camping Tarquinia just north of Rome where this photo was taken 2 years ago.

JCinBath replied on 16/07/2024 17:05

Posted on 16/07/2024 17:05

Thanks so much for all the info and photos, confirms that it will be worth the long drive, we will not rush down there as we're going for 5 weeks at the end of August. Our motorhome is 6.39 so too difficult to fit in. We have e bikes so good cycling is a bonus.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook