CMC Booking

CRF replied on 27/07/2022 20:20

Posted on 27/07/2022 20:20

Hi All

On the bottom of my FT travel dockets it states that P&O is required to send all passenger details to HM Gov via a link  at the bottom of the page (www.poferries.com/advance-info).  The P&O web page asks for an 8 digit booking reference. Our booking reference only has 7. Obviously I cant complete it.  What do I do with it? 

Any help here will be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Dave Nicholson replied on 27/07/2022 20:29

Posted on 27/07/2022 20:29

If its anything like booking Eurotunnel through the CMC you may have to speak to the Club. Your 7 digit number is probably the CMC reference. If you’d booked direct with P&O you’d probably get an 8 digit number. The moral is don’t book through the Club. You may save a few pounds but the trouble has clearly already started and will continue if you want to change your ferry times at a later date. 

CRF replied on 29/07/2022 20:54

Posted on 29/07/2022 20:54

Dave

Thanks for your reply. I don't agree with your last part. My plans have changed twice during our booking not to mention the rolled over ferry and campsite during the COVID years. The staff the FT department could not have more helpful. 

CRF

Burgundy replied on 30/07/2022 12:50

Posted on 30/07/2022 12:50

I recently booked the tunnel through the club and the booking reference at the top of the page has 7 digits, further down is operators reference which is 8 digits. I phoned Eurotunnel as instructed by the club and I was emailed a password to upload passenger details and told to upload covid pass 72 hours before departure. Hope this helps.

Dave Nicholson replied on 30/07/2022 18:09

Posted on 30/07/2022 18:09

That’s  good to hear CRF, Eurotunnel were easy to communicate with too although the changes we made to our reservations were only minor and we were able to go to Europe in both 2020 and 2021. I nearly always change our return date/time and a direct booking with Eurotunnel is so easy to change with no admin charge and their website is open 24/7. Enjoy your hols, its a long way to travel from Skye before you even get to the EU border!

hitchglitch replied on 30/07/2022 20:00

Posted on 29/07/2022 20:54 by CRF

Dave

Thanks for your reply. I don't agree with your last part. My plans have changed twice during our booking not to mention the rolled over ferry and campsite during the COVID years. The staff the FT department could not have more helpful. 

CRF

Posted on 30/07/2022 20:00

The problem with booking the tunnel through the club is that you have to phone them. They aren’t there at weekends and if you are abroad it may cost you to make a call. Book direct with Eurotunnel and you can easily change your booking online whilst on the continent. I think we have changed our return almost every trip for several years and it is very simple. No admin charge but usually the fare seems to be a few pounds more.

allanandjean replied on 31/07/2022 08:09

Posted on 31/07/2022 08:09

Hi CRF, Cant help with the ref number but we needed a code this year for our BF crossing and as Euror suggests, we phoned the club and it was sorted.

We have booked via the club on countless occasions and, up till Covid, made savings amounting to several hundred pounds.

We only ever needed to change one crossing, due to a bereavement, the change was done over the phone and, when told the reason, they made no charge.

I think that maybe the tunnel is more likely to see travelers that may want, or need, their crossing to be that bit more flexible.

Watendlath replied on 31/07/2022 09:36

Posted on 30/07/2022 12:50 by Burgundy

I recently booked the tunnel through the club and the booking reference at the top of the page has 7 digits, further down is operators reference which is 8 digits. I phoned Eurotunnel as instructed by the club and I was emailed a password to upload passenger details and told to upload covid pass 72 hours before departure. Hope this helps.

Posted on 31/07/2022 09:36

Interesting final sentence! I contacted ET for the API and was also sent an email with a password to enter the passport details online. However, I was instructed NOT to upload Covid data but to take it with us as paper or phone copy.  (They also said that only random travellers are checked for the correct paperwork so we shall see.)

ValDa replied on 31/07/2022 10:03

Posted on 31/07/2022 09:36 by Watendlath

Interesting final sentence! I contacted ET for the API and was also sent an email with a password to enter the passport details online. However, I was instructed NOT to upload Covid data but to take it with us as paper or phone copy.  (They also said that only random travellers are checked for the correct paperwork so we shall see.)

Posted on 31/07/2022 10:03

All Covid restrictions, including the 'Health Pass' will be removed, in France, after the 1st August.  The bill includes removing the need to present a Covid pass (ie to prove vaccination status).  No specific announcement has yet been made about travel, but the bill does include a provision to 're-introduce travel measures if thought necessary.'  I think all we can do is wait until we see such an announcement and then bring it to the notice of groups like this one.  

See here:  (use google translate to read it in English):  French Government removes Covid restrictions 01/08/2022

We have done one trip  by Eurotunnel, and two trips by air, and on none of the occasions were we actually asked to show our Covid pass.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook