Club ITX Fare v BF Voyager Discount

allanandjean replied on 05/02/2023 09:57

Posted on 05/02/2023 09:57

Back in March 2019 I used the title above in a post.

Its fair to say there have been changes since 2019 and, sadly, the large saving available with club, by purchasing, whats now called a 'combined fare' had disappeared, and having recently seen a lot of requests for BF codes it looked like the cheaper option, as it was for us in 2022, was BF.

As in 2019 I have a CV code that I can use, and have just done a cost comparison for this year on the Plymouth to Roscoff route. Booking direct with BF using my kindly provided CV Friends & Family code the price is £688.

Booking with the club its £671.52 but that includes 4 site vouchers worth £79.80 so the net price is £591.72 so near £100 saving.

This is of course dependent on using the vouchers, but as we will be doing so its a real saving for us. BF have an offer at the moment on flexi tickets so, if that's a requirement for you, maybe BF would be better. 

iansoady replied on 05/02/2023 10:05

Posted on 05/02/2023 10:05

We used the CMC voucher scheme for years together with caravans go free and it saved a lot. However, we never used the vouchers as we prefer municipals which rarely take them. We now find that with the current "free" flexi offer booking direct especially with a "friends and family" code gives a better price. In fact slightly cheaper than last year (Overnight Portsmouth- Ouistreham, June, 2 adults, caravan, outside cabin both ways just over £700)

replied on 05/02/2023 10:28

Posted on 05/02/2023 10:28

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

allanandjean replied on 05/02/2023 10:58

Posted on 05/02/2023 10:58

Hi, I just looked at the crossing I will be using and that is, albeit only just, cheaper with the club.

As for the sites vouchers, I see them as totally different from the good old days of Camping Cheques, in that we have used them for enroute stops only.

Re the flexibility, after all the Covid related travel problems I can totally understand people who were affected wanting flexibility ,but our view is that something serious enough to warrant a cancellation, rather than a amendment, would likely be of such a magnitude that it would outweigh any ferry crossing concerns.

We have only once had to make an amendment and, when we explained it was due to a bereavement, the club waived the fee.  

replied on 05/02/2023 12:01

Posted on 05/02/2023 12:01

eribaMotters replied on 05/02/2023 15:54

Posted on 05/02/2023 15:54

Out of interest I just looked up an early April out [some already fully booked] and then back mid May on the Plymouth - Santander crossing. With the C&MC it was about £1150, but dealing direct with Brittany Ferries on a Friends & Family rate it was £850, going for the most expensive Flexi rate.

Colin

replied on 05/02/2023 17:37

Posted on 05/02/2023 15:54 by eribaMotters

Out of interest I just looked up an early April out [some already fully booked] and then back mid May on the Plymouth - Santander crossing. With the C&MC it was about £1150, but dealing direct with Brittany Ferries on a Friends & Family rate it was £850, going for the most expensive Flexi rate.

Colin

Posted on 05/02/2023 17:37

Tammygirl replied on 05/02/2023 17:41

Posted on 05/02/2023 17:41

I have not long ago done a booking  Portsmouth to St Malo, only single crossing as we are coming back Rotterdam to Hull. No ITX fare available of course on single crossings.

Like A&J I priced both the club and BF with a code. BF came out just a little cheaper but I did go for the Flexi fare option, had I just gone for the normal fare the saving would have been greater. I was a little surprised at the amount this crossing has increased since we did it last year but its where we want to be.

We have had the new vouchers, we got them on our last crossing prior to Covid, they ran out of date but the club reissued them for another year. However we didn't get to use them as hardly any sites in Spain take them and the one that did was closed for the season. Didn't matter as we had made a saving on the crossing. 

eurortraveller replied on 05/02/2023 20:29

Posted on 05/02/2023 15:54 by eribaMotters

Colin

Posted on 05/02/2023 20:29

Colin, the Club fare will include the lowest grade two berth cabin each way, but for a Brittany Ferries fare you will need to add approx. £94 each way for that grade of cabin. That goes some way to explain the difference.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook