Caravan Fire

JollyKernow replied on 15/02/2023 11:13

Posted on 15/02/2023 11:13

Anyone seen in the news about the fire at the campsite in Bolnuevo, Mazarron in the early hours of Monday? A whole row of caravans destroyed, luckily no one hurt. I saw it in the Murcia Today newsreel. Thing is it's the fourth caravan site fire the region has had in the last year.  I've stayed several times on that site as it's a great location and straight out onto the beach. But it's the tightest packed place I've stayed at. You wonder why we maintain spacing here!

JK

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/02/2023 11:52

Posted on 15/02/2023 11:28 by Oneputt

Makes you glad the club have strict ruleslaughing

Posted on 15/02/2023 11:52

Give me stringent rules every day-they save lives(& money)👍🏻

Rufs replied on 15/02/2023 12:06

Posted on 15/02/2023 11:13 by JollyKernow

Anyone seen in the news about the fire at the campsite in Bolnuevo, Mazarron in the early hours of Monday? A whole row of caravans destroyed, luckily no one hurt. I saw it in the Murcia Today newsreel. Thing is it's the fourth caravan site fire the region has had in the last year.  I've stayed several times on that site as it's a great location and straight out onto the beach. But it's the tightest packed place I've stayed at. You wonder why we maintain spacing here!

JK

Posted on 15/02/2023 12:06

Have used this site a lot but after experiencing a minor BBQ fire a couple of years back, and seeing how they were packing them in I changed sites, but it is difficult to find a Spanish site that does have suitable seperation in place. 

were they caravans or MH's,?, I did visit the site in December 22 and it was rammed with predominantly MH's and one of the big problems was, you had a very large MH on pitch together with a very large trailor, so not only was the seperation not in place between pitches, you also had pitches that were rammed with a MH plus a very large trailor, car, and in some cases a couple of motor cycles, and people were sat outside around an open pit fire, disaster waiting to happen, there was also a lack of fire extinguishers that were working.yell

Tinwheeler replied on 15/02/2023 12:19

Posted on 15/02/2023 12:06 by Rufs

Have used this site a lot but after experiencing a minor BBQ fire a couple of years back, and seeing how they were packing them in I changed sites, but it is difficult to find a Spanish site that does have suitable seperation in place. 

were they caravans or MH's,?, I did visit the site in December 22 and it was rammed with predominantly MH's and one of the big problems was, you had a very large MH on pitch together with a very large trailor, so not only was the seperation not in place between pitches, you also had pitches that were rammed with a MH plus a very large trailor, car, and in some cases a couple of motor cycles, and people were sat outside around an open pit fire, disaster waiting to happen, there was also a lack of fire extinguishers that were working.yell

Posted on 15/02/2023 12:19

You can see a set of steps as normally used with caravans, Rufs, so I expect the headline is right.

brue replied on 15/02/2023 12:25

Posted on 15/02/2023 12:25

Looks like at least one large motorhome on the video clip, horrible, a miracle no-one was hurt.

replied on 15/02/2023 13:07

Posted on 15/02/2023 13:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 15/02/2023 13:14

Posted on 15/02/2023 12:19 by Tinwheeler

You can see a set of steps as normally used with caravans, Rufs, so I expect the headline is right.

Posted on 15/02/2023 13:14

yup but if you watch the video you can also see what looks like a MH front cab ??? totally burnt out

Rufs replied on 15/02/2023 13:20

Posted on 15/02/2023 13:07 by

I know Peurto Mazarron and if I were to return I wouldn't  use anywhere but Los Madiles, no cramped pitches there when I last visited. 

Posted on 15/02/2023 13:20

Nice site walked round it, but not good for pero, but some folk have told me you dare not f***

after 2200 hrs laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook