Belgium Site Recommendations

curly 1971 replied on 22/02/2023 18:15

Posted on 22/02/2023 18:15

Going to have a few days in Belgium over Easter and looking for some site advice close-ish to Bruges/Zolder...

2 Adults, two teenagers and wanting something nice.

Anyone got any experience of caravanning in the area and recommendations??

eurortraveller replied on 22/02/2023 18:51

Posted on 22/02/2023 18:51

Have stayed near Bruges - and Brussels, Antwerp and Ghent too. All were fascinating cities to visit, but I can’t honestly say the camp sites we used would fit your description of “something nice” .They we’re just somewhere to park a caravan for two or three nights and had no special attractions for teenagers.  Do the campsites actually matter much? We went there just to see those historic cities. But I’m afraid I can’t say anything about Zolder as I have never heard if it,

peedee replied on 23/02/2023 10:11

Posted on 23/02/2023 10:11

Curly, I have not been to Bruges for some years but when we visited many years ago we used Camping Memling about 1 mile outside of Bruges centre and within walking distance of a supermarket and a leisure centre. We used to walk into Bruges Centre from here as well. I believe Camping Memling is still quite popular with caravaners stopping a while in the area.

peedee

Tammygirl replied on 23/02/2023 12:34

Posted on 23/02/2023 12:34

We stayed at that site DK, it's a good site very handy for Brugge and Ghent. We caught the bus from the village and then the train, very easy and cheap to do. Saves looking for parking in the cities. The campsite is in 2 halves, one half situated around a lake is mobile homes, restaurant, boat and paddle boat hire etc. On the other side its all touring vans. There is a bit of distant motorway noise, it didn't bother us. 

Jamsdad replied on 01/03/2023 09:27

Posted on 01/03/2023 09:27

I can recommend Klein Strand. Its not far from Bruges, open all year, and you can book it via the Club.

dunelm replied on 01/03/2023 12:10

Posted on 01/03/2023 12:10

What are you looking for in a campsite as  "something nice" ?

Where do you actually want to be and what do you as a family wish to see and do?

According to google, Zolder is 173 km  from Bruges so are you looking for a two site holiday?

I'm not being nosy but if you could be a little clearer, you may get more suggestions that could be helpful.

Please remember though that something which suits one person/family may not suit you.

mikexgough replied on 02/03/2023 14:37

Posted on 02/03/2023 14:37

We use Memling for Bruges and have done Klein Strand once but never again. We do tend to travel by train if at Memling to get to Gent, Brussel and Antwerp. When we cycle we go to Camping Canteclaer in Munkzwalm and been staying there since 2014. This last time we only stayed 2 nights as we used paid and free aires on the route over

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook