Amsterdam Low Emission Zone

CamperVanTransit replied on 25/07/2024 13:47

Posted on 25/07/2024 13:47

Hi, Has anyone experience of driving in the Amsterdam Low Emission Zone? I believe my campervan is Euro 5 standard, and therefore allowed to drive in the zone. However, I'm staying at Camping Zeeburg inside the zone and their advice is to pay for a permit and only drive into and out of the site on arrival and departure days, with no other travel permitted otherwise. I presume if the system is enforced by numberplate recognition, they will not read/have my UK plate on their database, and I can't find any info on the Government website about foreign vehicles.

eurortraveller replied on 25/07/2024 14:17

Posted on 25/07/2024 14:17

An alternative would be to park at Gaasper Camping which is outside the restricted zone, and go into city by metro from there

CamperVanTransit replied on 26/07/2024 15:37

Posted on 26/07/2024 15:37

Hi Eurotraveller, thanks for the reply, I'm already booked at the other site, will be using public transport when I am there but it is inside the emissions zone. I just find it a bit annoying that it seems even though my vehicle is compliant, I still have to buy a permit. It seems from next year you can't even buy a permit, they are clamping down so you simply can't drive in the zone if non-compliant.

LLM replied on 26/07/2024 16:31

Posted on 26/07/2024 16:31

The low emission zone restricts diesel cars with an emissions standard Euro 3 or lower from entering the area within the Ring A10. If your diesel car has emissions standard Euro 4 or higher then your car has unlimited access. You do not need a registration or a sticker. All according to Mr Google.  In fact if you Google "dutch low emission zones" you will be present with a raft of information.  With your Euro 5 unit there should not be a problem.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook