ACSI price increase

SteveL replied on 24/07/2022 09:25

Posted on 24/07/2022 09:25

I received a check your details email from ACSI on Friday. Like everything else the cost of ACSI is going up. In there case by 3€  (21.5%) to €16.95. On our recent trip we used more Aires than before and our campsite use was well down. That said we more than covered the cost of the guide (even at the new price) on savings made, so I will keep our subscription active for next year and see how we go. Prices of the sites for 2023 are €13 to €23 in 2€ increments.

allanandjean replied on 24/07/2022 10:07

Posted on 24/07/2022 10:07

I too received an email re my ACSI subscription cost informing me;

The new price for your subscription will be €21.94 (excluding delivery costs).

My price this year for guide and app was €15.95 including, the free app and postage, so it looks like a large increase however, had the app not been free the price would have been €20.81 and, whilst times are hard for us all, I think I can see my way to funding a €11.13 increase!

As you did we more than covered the costs in the savings we made, but we did also stay at non ACSI sites, and at one ACSI site, Badiaccia Camping Village on Lago Trasimeno, we booked as their offer was for a higher grade pitch for same price as ACSI, €20 night.

SteveL replied on 24/07/2022 10:35

Posted on 24/07/2022 10:35

I bought the App separately as I couldn’t seem to get it to included the one with the Aires, which I think was another €9. If that goes up by a similar % that will make my subscription €27.95. However the Aires data set was useful in it own right.

What is likely to decide wether I bother in future is time of year of travel. This year we went late May, June, early July and all the sites we tried were open when we arrived. Next year we are going in September, early October. When we traveled at that time in 2019, several of the sites we turned up at, supposedly open,  had closed and we had to look for alternatives. This year however we were surprised by the number of French MH’s on both the sites and Aires we used. Many more than in 2019. Hopefully sites will find it worthwhile to stay open and not close early.

Wherenext replied on 24/07/2022 13:26

Posted on 24/07/2022 13:26

We got the same email. We went to the Netherlands this year and used it on 4 of the 7 sites saving us well over the subscription. 

We couldn't use it at the other 3 because the dates fell in an excluded period, mainly for Ascension and Pentecost as they are public holidays over there.

Will most likely renew for next year as I can see us going abroad, fingers crossed.

I do remember one year stopping for 3 nights at a site not far from Hoek of Holland to catch the ferry back. It was near the sand dunes and popular with the Dutch. We bagged 3 nights for something like €14 p.n. whilst the true price was over €50 for a night.

Tammygirl replied on 24/07/2022 13:41

Posted on 24/07/2022 13:41

We also got the email advising of the increase.

We definitely got our membership back on the 6 weeks we were in France during May/June.

We are going again end of September, this time adding Spain and Portugal so will use more acsi sites.

Its strange how some sites come off the acsi rate for some of the public holidays. We encountered it the first time in Belgium where most of the sites we were looking at on the coast came off the acsi rate however we found one that didn't and it was very nice.

We have come across this in Spain as well but so far not come across it in France despite being there for 3 holiday weekends. 

We will be renewing our membership.

eurortraveller replied on 24/07/2022 15:13

Posted on 24/07/2022 15:13

I remember finding ACSI sites in Provence in June packed full with Dutch people. -  but they seemed to get a radio warning from home when the cheap rates were ending- and having got the signal they fled en masse.  Luckily there were other sites which the nice Dutch people didn’t know about because they weren’t listed in the only book they had.

allanandjean replied on 25/07/2022 22:41

Posted on 24/07/2022 10:07 by allanandjean

I too received an email re my ACSI subscription cost informing me;

The new price for your subscription will be €21.94 (excluding delivery costs).

My price this year for guide and app was €15.95 including, the free app and postage, so it looks like a large increase however, had the app not been free the price would have been €20.81 and, whilst times are hard for us all, I think I can see my way to funding a €11.13 increase!

As you did we more than covered the costs in the savings we made, but we did also stay at non ACSI sites, and at one ACSI site, Badiaccia Camping Village on Lago Trasimeno, we booked as their offer was for a higher grade pitch for same price as ACSI, €20 night.

Posted on 25/07/2022 22:41

Whoops! Just noticed my error-it’s a €1.13 increase NOT €11.13!!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook