ACSI 2024

hitchglitch replied on 20/04/2024 19:09

Posted on 20/04/2024 19:09

Returning to European touring after a couple of years gap I am wondering whether anything much has changed with ACSI? Similar number of sites in France? Also, we don’t need the handbooks so will go with the digital subscription but that means that we won’t have a card to deposit at reception as surety. Will we need to give them a passport?

eribaMotters replied on 20/04/2024 19:31

Posted on 20/04/2024 19:31

We started using ACSI in 2017 then lost a couple of years due to Covid. On checking in at sites I am reliably informed by my lovely wife that we have had to show our passports, despite me thinking it has only happened on a few occasions. Who am I to argue, I know my place.

Colin

SteveL replied on 20/04/2024 22:54

Posted on 20/04/2024 22:54

We have never had to show passports in France where we normally holiday. At least not in recent years, although I do recall doing so 30 years ago. For a few Euros you can get an ACSI identity card, which has your name, dob and passport details on it. They may want to hang onto it but are generally happy to just copy down the details.

SteveL replied on 21/04/2024 15:08

Posted on 21/04/2024 15:08

At €5.95 plus postage we find the ID / camping carnet a very useful investment. It’s something we have always travelled with from when we started camping in France over 40 years ago. In those days we had ones provided by various organisations / clubs. It was a necessity at a few small municipals as they valued the liability insurance it provided.

Wherenext replied on 21/04/2024 21:50

Posted on 21/04/2024 21:50

We used the ID card in Netherlands and it was widely accepted as most EU countries require some form of ID and these cards fit the bill.

I think the club also do one but not sure of the details.

SteveL replied on 21/04/2024 23:08

Posted on 21/04/2024 23:08

I think the club also do one but not sure of the details.

It is the Camping Key Europe card. A similar price and function to the ACSI card and provided free if you take out red pennant. I believe it also gets you a reduction at participating sites.  However, perhaps it’s just the type of sites we favour, which are generally the smaller ones, as we have only found the odd one saying they take it. Where as the ACSI card seems to be recognised more ore less anywhere.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook