Updating site data

nelliethehooker replied on 19/02/2020 21:41

Posted on 19/02/2020 21:41

We are regular users of CL's and when search for suitable sites I find it very frustrating when I come across those that have not updated their information on the club's website. There are many that still show prices that are at least 3 yrs out of date, and even more annoying is when having selected a site that has a specific opening date for the current year I phone up to be told that the site won't be open at that time. Why can't these site owners please ensure that the data is up to date?

SteveL replied on 20/02/2020 09:11

Posted on 20/02/2020 09:11

The CC does not set a very good example on its own site pages. Photos that are years and years out of date, inaccurate pricing information, inaccurate information about the site, even when it has been pointed out to them. I would assume any chasing would have to come from head office. It would be a bit pot blackish for them to criticise others.😉

CholseyGrange replied on 20/02/2020 09:17

Posted on 20/02/2020 09:17

Nellie - you make a very fair point.  I have asked CL owners within the owner support group to check their details and send the CL team at HQ any updates relating to this season.  Unfortunately, our group doesn't cover all owners.

replied on 20/02/2020 09:18

Posted on 20/02/2020 09:18

Why can't these site owners please ensure that the data is up to date?

Are you sure that the fault is purely with the CL owners? 

mummypig1 replied on 20/02/2020 10:34

Posted on 20/02/2020 10:34

As a CL owner it’s a simple process to update the website, and in my experience my requests have been actioned within 24 hours. 

Changes to the app take a little longer as I understand these have to be scheduled. 

JVB66 replied on 20/02/2020 12:32

Posted on 20/02/2020 09:11 by SteveL

The CC does not set a very good example on its own site pages. Photos that are years and years out of date, inaccurate pricing information, inaccurate information about the site, even when it has been pointed out to them. I would assume any chasing would have to come from head office. It would be a bit pot blackish for them to criticise others.😉

Posted on 20/02/2020 12:32

Unless its changed, i understand it was down to the current site wardens to have the site info kept up to date?,  via an annual form,or email now?not sure about site prices

Takethedogalong replied on 20/02/2020 13:21

Posted on 20/02/2020 13:21

Erm, they aren’t usually Wardens JV, more likely to be busy farmers etc.....

That said, it really does help prospective visitors if the webpage for the CL is as up to date as possible. As Nellie says, some CL details are very out of date in terms of prices. It’s one of the reasons we still like to phone CLs to drill down prices, and other expectations.

I am presuming that each year CLs are contacted in some way to submit their updated details. Some obviously do submit them, others just perhaps forget, a few will just not bother I suppose.

JVB66 replied on 20/02/2020 13:27

Posted on 20/02/2020 13:21 by Takethedogalong

Erm, they aren’t usually Wardens JV, more likely to be busy farmers etc.....

That said, it really does help prospective visitors if the webpage for the CL is as up to date as possible. As Nellie says, some CL details are very out of date in terms of prices. It’s one of the reasons we still like to phone CLs to drill down prices, and other expectations.

I am presuming that each year CLs are contacted in some way to submit their updated details. Some obviously do submit them, others just perhaps forget, a few will just not bother I suppose.

Posted on 20/02/2020 13:27

For warden please read ownerembarassed

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2020 15:24

Posted on 20/02/2020 09:18 by

Why can't these site owners please ensure that the data is up to date?

Are you sure that the fault is purely with the CL owners? 

Posted on 20/02/2020 15:24

No, but surely if you owned a CL you'd want whatever information is out there to be correct. If it's not then I'd expect them to get onto head office and get it sorted.

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2020 15:25

Posted on 20/02/2020 09:17 by CholseyGrange

Nellie - you make a very fair point.  I have asked CL owners within the owner support group to check their details and send the CL team at HQ any updates relating to this season.  Unfortunately, our group doesn't cover all owners.

Posted on 20/02/2020 15:25

Thanks CG. Just what's required.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook